Inside Property Claims Adjuster - Norfolk (Katie)
USAA - 30+ days ago
At USAA, we know what it means to serve. As a Fortune 200 financial services company, we are dedicated to facilitating the financial security of the military community. Founded in 1922 by a handful of military officers, our success is due to our most precious resource, our employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Headquartered in San Antonio, TX, we are recognized for the superior service we provide to our members, and provide an exemplary work environment for our employees. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is currently seeking a talented Inside Property Adjuster III for our February 2013 training date for the Norfolk location.
As an Inside Property Claims Adjuster III for USAA, you will create loss reports, confirm coverage, explain procedures and answer inquiries for adjusting property claims. You will analyze information obtained to establish validity of the claim, legal liability and settlement value. You will also evaluate and negotiate settlement of automobile first and third party physical damage claims within established settlement authority. You will educate our members on the value of being a member of USAA.
- Provides PROPERTY claims service via internal channels (phone/email/fax/mail/other electronic channels) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex property claims. Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving low to moderate dollar value, structure claims involving low dollar and severity, and writing unscheduled personal property estimates.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation. Partners and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate
- Contributes to business goals and performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CAT's.
- Current Adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts.
- Availability to attend up to 5-6 weeks of paid structured classroom training. Training hours will be 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday with a licensing test during the 2nd week on either Friday or Saturday.
- After training you must be able to work within the hours of 8:00am-6:30pm Monday through Friday with a possible Saturday schedule.
- This role currently includes a pay shift premium for working hours after 6pm as well as 1½ pay for overtime or holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 6 months claims adjusting experience OR Bachelors degree with no experience OR Successful completion of military service involving progressive responsibility OR 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at computer.
- Ability to work in phone intensive environment using headset.
- Property claims adjusting experience.
- Inbound phone-intensive/call center environment.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Knowledge of Xactanalysis and Xact Contents.
- Experience with property claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Currently working towards or has already completed INS courses.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment assessment, background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Great benefits and a wide variety of possibilities with such a large company (in 138 reviews)
Work life balance is important to the company (in 34 reviews)
Call center environment so you're at your desk taking phone calls the entire shift (in 90 reviews)
There is NO work/life balance as they would like others to believe (in 22 reviews)