Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
ComNet Solutions, Inc. 0 reviews– Overland Park, KS
ComNet Solutions, Inc. - 30+ days ago
ComNet Solutions, Inc., is one of the fastest growing wireless communications solutions companies in the USA.
We have been providing engineering and deployment solutions for wireless networks since 1994, incorporating all the major wireless technologies around the world, including: CDMA, TDMA (IS-54 and IS-136), ESMR (iDEN), WCDMA, UMTS, GSM, AMPS
ComNet Solutions, Inc., specializes in wireless network deployment; optimization strategies; frequency planning; performance management; network operation; software development; turnkey "on or off site" RF Engineering consultants, network architecture, design and the dimensioning of mobile and high-speed wireless data systems, including third generation (3G) networks, and other support services required for network excellence by all global telecommunications providers.
The job requires sound knowledge of the occupation and requires exercising judgment in performing tasks. Senior RF Engineer is responsible for link budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity, initial system design and dimensioning, site identification and evaluation, zoning analysis, zoning testimony support, frequency planning and interference analysis. The engineer should be able to undertake network performance improvement tasks.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in RF Optimization.
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in GSM Optimization.
• Must have worked with Nortel GSM equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The area of responsibility will generally cover, several of the following activities -
• Perform RF network design, planning and optimization activities
• Perform link budget analysis, design criteria and traffic analysis
• Ensure data integrity of various morphology/topography databases and drive test data for model calibration
• Carry out area and site surveys to identify RF equipment location and antenna orientation
• Analyse equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators
• Perform inter-modulation analysis
• Perform site candidate evaluation
• Support leasing/zoning teams as subject matter expert at zoning hearings
• Verify RF related site engineering drawings
• Perform site build verification and acceptance
• Perform frequency and BCC planning and/or Scrambling Code planning
• Perform co-channel and adjacent channel interference testing and analysis
• Undertake network performance improvement (KPIs) and optimization tasks
• Undertake BSS parameter audits, suggest and fine tune parameters
• Implement new S/W or BSS parameters to improve overall network improvement