Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Costco Wholesale 682 reviews– Staten Island, NY
Costco Wholesale - 30+ days ago
United States of America
Various internet sites may link to this page claiming this is an open position. While this position is representative of a job at Costco Wholesale, it does not represent an actual job opening.
Department: Optical Center Job Status: Refer to Job Posting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Optical Manager
Grade/Level: Service Assistant Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: Varies
Assists members by providing prompt and courteous member service and in choosing and ordering eyeglasses and lenses. Orders equipment; orders and stocks merchandise, and supplies. Cleans department. Follows proper safety and security procedures and standards.
• Assists members in choosing eyeglass frame and lens options. Provides and ensures prompt and courteous member service.
• Rings up orders and over-the-counter merchandise. Receives accurate payment, makes change, processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper procedures for paperwork, cash handling, and performance of duties.
• Fits and adjusts eyeglasses to member using frame warmer and bending with fingers, where permitted by state law.
• Orders equipment, merchandise, and supplies by keying into computer. Follows safety and security procedures.
• Stocks merchandise and supplies. Follows department procedures and standards for production, record keeping, merchandising, and product storage.
• Cleans department by spraying, wiping, and mopping. Empties trash, operates trash compactor and cardboard baler.
• Assists in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers.
• Communication Articulates information in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to fellow employees, members and managers.
• Member Service Exhibits a professional demeanor toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Ability to identify problems, find solutions and make sound decisions that reflect Costcos Code of Ethics.
• Self Motivated Well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and adhere to deadlines while working efficiently and independently with minimal supervision. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions.
• Team Player Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
• Flexibility Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Willingness and ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
• Record of Satisfactory Job Performance Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costcos Success Behaviors and by a file free from counseling notices related to job performance.
High School Diploma or GED
Certificates and Licenses
HAZMAT Module 1 and HIPAA certification (required within 30 days)
ABILITIES AND TALENTS RECOMMENDED FOR JOB SUCCESS
Cashier or comparable experience
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Other Skills and Abilities
Good communication, basic math and customer service skills
Sample Corporate Boilerplate Text. There has never been a better time to join the company whose growth knows no boundaries. The company that rewards your success with better pay, better benefits, better atmosphere, and better career advancement opportunities!