Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
The Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf 58 reviews– West Hollywood, CA
The Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf - 30+ days ago
United States of America
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) is a fast growing specialty retailer with 600+ retail locations including company-owned and franchised operations. Additionally, CBTL has operations in grocery, office coffee service, supply and e-commerce.
CBTL, born and brewed in southern California in 1963, is the oldest family owned specialty retail coffee company in the country.
With a unique roasting process treating each bean differently depending on origin, creating the tea latte and being the first to introduce the Original Ice Blended coffee drink to the world, CBTL is known for innovation as well as a cool place to hang whether it be by the fire pit, street side on the patio or just people watching from inside the store.
The Assistant Manager assists the Store Manager in managing the retail store to company standards in sales, staffing, visual merchandising, and operations, and fulfills duties assigned by the Store Manager. The Assistant Manager will assist the Store Manager with the goal of providing customers with excellent, quality products and fast, friendly service. The Assistant Manager will represent The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in a professional manner.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for maintaining the key business areas listed below:
· Assists Store Manager in creating sales volume growth.
· Assists Store Manager in managing a profitable store.
· Assists Store Manager in planning and executing sales promotions.
· Safely handles all hot and cold serviceware during drink preparation.
· Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
· Responds pro-actively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
· Accurately rings sale orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including but not limited to giving store greeting, directions to store location, receiving/filling customer orders.
· Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, etc., in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Weighs, grinds and packs coffee orders according to company guidelines.
· Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers successfully.
· Maintains efficient , friendly service standards.
· Documents and performs financial documentation and register readings during shift.
· Prepares / receives change orders, delivers bank deposits to the bank and brings change when necessary.
· Receives and properly stores incoming supplies by verifying against warehouse picking slip.
· Completes warehouse supply inventory and documents.
· Completes a daily inventory and order of baked goods and dairy items.
· Processes any payroll information including Time Cards, Daily Payroll Worksheets, New Hire packets and other miscellaneous personnel forms.
· Assists Store Manager in writing a weekly schedule according to labor guidelines and considers any fluctuations in sales due to holidays or local events.
· Schedules breaks as necessary.
· Ensures that top and bottom safe is kept locked at all times.
· Ensures that Sensormatic Surveillance System is operational at all times.
· Assists store staff safety meetings with Store Manager.
· Responds to any and all emergencies while on shift by directing or performing steps necessary to ensure medical treatment and / or escape routes are available.
· Informs the Store Manager of any operational inconsistencies or employee incidents.
· Reports employee accidents to the Store Manager; completes appropriate paperwork.
· Perpetuates company philosophy and culture.
· Contributes information to the Store Manager on Performance Appraisals for employees they directly supervise.
· Verbally describes or documents any unusual or pertinent events occurring during shift to Store Manager.
· Delegates duties, as necessary, to Shift Supervisors and Baristas.
· Assists in the training of new employees.
· Motivates staff to maintain quality and consistent product.
· Assists Store Manager in educating staff members on all products and services.
· Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
· Consistently maintains the highest quality product standards
· Follows all company drink recipes and procedures.
· Oversees drink making and participates in the re-certification process, monthly.
· Assists in maintaining a clean, well-merchandised store.
· Assists in following visual presentation plans and standards.
· Works overtime, as needed, to perform duties and responsibilities.
· Transfers store locations, as needed.
· Works at special events, as needed.
· Maintains positive company morale.
· Is available for Emergency assistance
· Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
· Frequently required to use hand to finger movements, handle or feel objects and reach.
· Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
· Vision requirements: close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust and focus.
· Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
Minimum one year retail experience.
· Assistant management in a specialty store or food establishment preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Well organized and detail oriented.
· Register and cash handling experience.
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is a fast growing specialty retailer with 800+ retail locations including company-owned and franchised operations in the US and internationally. Additionally, the company has operations in grocery, office coffee service, foodservice and e-commerce.
Born and brewed in southern California since 1963, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® i