Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
West Marine 41 reviews– Seabrook, NH
West Marine - 30+ days ago
United States of America
General Statement of Job
Under general supervision, communicates with Analysts, Category Managers and the Store Manager to ensure the proper mix of merchandise is on order and received in the business unit to assist in providing a great customer experience and achieve the annual sales goal. They are responsible for the annual inventory process for the business unit. They will ensure that merchandise is properly tagged and displayed in the store. They will perform related supervisory and professional work as required. This position reports to the Store/General Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
• Works with the Replenishment Analysts, Category Managers and Store Manager to ensure the proper mix of merchandise is in the store.
• Ensures perpetual count accuracy.
• Manages annual inventory process within the store.
• Responsible for Asset Protection store goals achieved.
• Communicate to store associates important information on Asset Protection policies and guidelines.
• Ensures all merchandise fixtures are properly stocked and correctly labeled.
• Works with associates to achieve Stores sales and contribution plan.
• Acknowledge and greet customers that are within a close (ten-foot) radius or ten seconds of arriving where the associate is working.
• Greet customers, engage customers in conversation to determine their boating needs, provide product knowledge to customers and suggestively sell items and additional services that they may not have anticipated they will need.
• Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive sales.
• Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they expect.
• Achieve excellent customer service. Resolve customer concerns in a timely and gracious manner.
• Suggest usage of West Marine promotional programs and services with each applicable sale.
• Acknowledge by signature that weekly Store Bulletin has been read. (Store information flyer).
• Assist in receiving and displaying product shipments on store retail shelves within twenty-four hours of delivery.
• Ensure the store is neat, clean and organized throughout each business day.
• Work with associates to achieve a high Matinee Review score through excellent customer service, product knowledge and follow through.
• Achieve the five basics on the store audit reports.
Additional Job Function
• Participate in store opening and store closing duties.
• Know what is currently on sale or featured in weekly and monthly advertising promotions.
• Answer the phone within three rings.
• Have the ability to wear and communicate through a headset.
• Correctly handle register transactions.
• Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience
A High School Diploma/GED and one to three years retail experience or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Excellent communication skills. Familiarity with West Marine computer systems. Must be able to work a standard workday as set by West Marine and be able to lift forty pounds to shoulder height unassisted. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work, evenings, weekends and holidays. Boating experience helpful.
Associate Relations Communication
Job Knowledge Decision Making Initiative
Planning/Organization Action Orientation
Dependability Supervisory Skills
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sample Corporate Boilerplate Text. There has never been a better time to join the company whose growth knows no boundaries. The company that rewards your success with better pay, better benefits, better atmosphere, and better career advancement opportunities!