Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Costco Wholesale 682 reviews– Staten Island, NY
Costco Wholesale - 30+ days ago
United States of America
Various internet sites may link to this page claiming this is an open position. While this position is representative of a job at Costco Wholesale, it does not represent an actual job opening.
Department: Pharmacy Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Reports To: Regional Pharmacy Supervisor
Grade/Level: Salary (Pharmacy issues),
(Operations and personnel issues)
Work Schedule: 45+ hours per week Amount of Travel Required: Limited Travel Required
Positions Supervised: Pharmacy employees
Uses problem-solving skills, tact, and discretion to oversee and direct the Pharmacy and its staff. Schedules, staffs, trains, coaches, counsels, and reviews the Pharmacy personnel during daily warehouse activities, continually developing the employees. Works in communication with various levels of management to resolve issues. Manages operations of the in-store pharmacy, including buying and maintaining the equipment and supplies. Monitors department performance and reviews department figures. Oversees and participates in Pharmacist duties as needed, including dispensing appropriate prescription medication. Counsels members on proper medication usage. Implements and upholds proper Pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards. Assists members while providing a high level of member service.
• Develops, coaches, counsels, and directs Pharmacy personnel. Monitors employee performance. Provides proactive feedback to promote teamwork and accountability among employees. Participates in the employment process by making recommendations for hiring, promotion, and termination. Responds to employee concerns using problem solving skills, tact, and discretion in accordance with the Costco Employee Agreement and other applicable regulations. Participates in Pharmacy employee evaluations. Approves timecards and other reports. Implements and upholds proper Pharmacy and general safety procedures and standards.
• Coordinates Pharmacy schedule. Reviews Pharmacy sales, expense, and productivity figures. Monitors department profit and loss and adjusts plans as necessary. Monitors department cleanliness.
• Acts as Pharmacist-In-Charge, point of contact for regulatory, legal, third party insurance companies, and audit situations.
• Counsels members on proper medication usage. Responds to customer concerns, questions, and problems regarding prescriptions, merchandise, and services.
• Oversees and participates in Pharmacist duties as needed, including measuring, labeling, verifying, and dispensing prescription medications. Assists with counter duties and merchandising as necessary.
• Approves and submits orders for equipment, merchandise, and supplies. Take inventory of merchandise. Coordinates proper maintenance and repair for machinery and equipment.
• Oversees perpetual inventory of Schedule II controlled substances.
• Exercises discretion and confidentiality with all employee and patient information.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service to members, employees, and suppliers.
• Communication Clearly articulates information, both verbally and in writing, about services and products in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to members, employees, and managers in order to efficiently teach, organize and respond to department issues. Limits communication of confidential information to those individuals with a need to know.
• Member Service Exhibits a professional demeanor towards others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company policies and procedures. Is proactive and reacts quickly and appropriately in identifying problems, finding solutions, and making sound decisions that reflect Costcos Code of Ethics. Ability to develop employees by providing constructive feedback about performance, teaching employees how to correctly and safely perform their tasks, and addressing problems or conflicts that arise.
• Self Motivated Well-organized and able to prioritize tasks that need to be accomplished. Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision. Maintains a commitment to honesty, integrity and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions and uses past experiences as a learning opportunity.
• Team Player Relates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to complete the business goal. Empowers and leads employees. Creates a positive morale by recognizing conflict and working quickly to solve problems. Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively. Willingness to perform tasks that needs to be done and to help others perform their tasks as needed.
• Flexibility Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Is able to focus on multiple tasks during a work shift. Responds professionally to constructive criticism from management. Adjusts work schedule as necessary to meet business needs. Is able to carry out newly initiated Costco programs.
• Record of Satisfactory Job Performance Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costcos Success Behaviors, and by a file free from counseling notices related to job performance. Has an ability to provide leadership.
Bachelor of Science or Doctorate of Pharmacy
Pharmacy, employee relations, customer service, management or comparable experience
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and AS400
Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Pharmacist in good standing; Methguard certification;