Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Standard Parking Corporation 21 reviews– Lawrence, MA
Standard Parking Corporation - 30+ days ago
*Full-time and Part-time positions available. Week-end shifts may be required. Local residents of the municipality are encouraged to apply.
· Install new and replacement on-street meters as required.
· Provide preventative maintenance for existing on-street meters.
· Provide preventive maintenance program for existing single space meters.
· Ensure that all meters cleaned, batteries replaced routinely.
· Maintain ample parts inventory including domes, batteries, poles, spare housings & locks, mechanisms, etc. to provide immediate replacement
· Immediately respond to meter repair requests.
· Maintain meter repair log.
· Conduct daily check of routes for damaged meters.
· This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore must exercise proper judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
· Assist in the collection and security of all monies received through parking meters, multi-space machines , pay on foot technology and any other means of collecting parking revenues and fees.
· Assist event staff with activities related to parking for events. This includes but is not limited to: setting up for events, traffic control, receipt of payment for parking, and lot usage control.
· Assist with parking enforcement duties as required.
· Assist office staff with activities related to permit sales during peak seasons. This includes but is not limited to data entry, collating mailings, providing frontline customer service.
· Other related duties as assigned
The personnel selected for meter repair technician position must have certain traits and abilities that enable them to achieve expected levels of performance. Some of the most important competencies are exercising sound independent judgment and maintaining a high level of customer service. Other areas include:
· Technical proficiency
· Knowledge of geography of the area
· Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
· Ability to operate a motorized vehicle
· Ability to interact with others in a courteous and tactful manner
· Ability to walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to work in all weather conditions
· Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
· Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and listen. Employees are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including snow storms, and extreme heat.
Employees work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and employees are to be safety conscious at all times.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era, or other legally protected status. Standard Parking also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.