Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
QinetiQ North America 76 reviews– Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
QinetiQ North America - 30+ days ago
Summary: This is an exempt management position responsible for the development of methodologies and conducting complex studies concerning Army materiel and logistics systems in support of the US Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity Condition Based Maintenance initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze current Army systems, identify problems, recommend solutions, and provide quantitative basis upon which decision-makers can alter policies, plans, and programs.
* Gather and analyze maintenance and supply data in order to address logistics issues of fielded and development equipment, both ground and aviation equipment.
* Apply innovative scientific and mathematical approaches to analysis.
* Ability to negotiate and work under time pressure without compromising the quality of the analysis is a key to success.
* Brief management, upper echelons, and other services and organizations on analysis results.
* Maintain an understanding of the issues related to the life cycle of Army materiel.
* Keep informed on advances in technology and new theories and concepts in the analytical arena.
* Prototype, fabricate, acquire, and/or enhance instrumentation used in data acquisition.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Other duties as assigned. Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
* 2 years experience in logistics, operations research, engineering or related technical field.
* B.S. degree in business operations research, engineering, or physical, behavioral, military sciences or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience or education in computer capabilities, requirements and benefits.
* Extensive background in Army materiel and logistics systems.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Special competence in mathematics, statistics, engineering and/or operations research techniques.
* Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
* Valid drivers license.
Higher mathematical concepts, such as statistics, operations research, and/or applied mathematics are needed to accomplish the job.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER JOB-RELATED SKILLS
Ability to work well with others (co-workers, business clients, customers)
Ability to report to work on a regular basis and in a timely manner. Must possess strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in standard business software packages which include database software, spreadsheet software, word processing software, Internet software (e.g., Microsoft Office)