Come transform the way we shop in the offline world!
We're looking for an Interactive Product Designer who is passionate about building incredible consumer experiences, enjoys listening to and learning from users, understands the meaning of ownership and is excited about making this adventure a central part of their life.
As a Product Designer, you'll take the lead in designing an intuitive, simple and compelling product that changes the way people shop in the offline. You'll be a designer leader throughout the entire product cycle - including ideation, rapid prototyping, usability testing, development, and post-launch research. You'll work on cross-functional teams, interacting closely with product managers, marketing and engineers. If you have experience designing simple, engaging mobile applications, want to work hard in a fast-paced environment, and would like to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
Shopkick is the largest real-world shopping app. It lets users treat themselves while shopping. All they need to do is walk
into stores, and they earn points (like miles) that are called kicks, just for walking in. No purchase is necessary. In addition, shopkick shows users great products at stores, and rewards users for engaging with products at stores. Within three years from launch, 6+ million users signed up in the U.S., as well as 13 retail partners at over 7,000 large stores in the U.S., including Target, Macy’s, Old Navy, Best Buy, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Simon Malls and others, and 75+ brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Levi’s, HP, Intel).
Shopkick’s vision is to fundamentally transform shopping at physical stores for consumers by making it more rewarding, entertaining and personal, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, and funded with $20M (Series A and B) by Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and Partner at Greylock).
Shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. Fast Company named shopkick one of the Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in Retail by Fast Company, along with Amazon.com, Apple and Starbucks. The Wall Street Journal ranked shopkick one of the Top 10 Apps among 500,000 on Apple’s App Store. Visa and MasterCard became strategic partners for purchase verification, so shopkick can now reward users for walking into stores as well as for purchases. About You:
- You have a BA/BS (MS preferred) in HCI, Design, Computer Science, or related field
- You have 2-10 years UX design experience and expertise in interaction design fundamentals
- You have great visual design skills and a thorough understanding of graphic design/layout principles mobile and web
- You don’t mind diving deep into the details - this is a very hands-on role and will require detailed work
- Note: A portfolio is required for this job. We are looking for examples of extremely usable, consumer-oriented product design that show your UX/Visual design skills, your design process, and your creativity for solving design challenges
- Product design for shopkick apps, both iPhone and Android, and website
- Explore UI & visual solutions, create UX flows, build wireframes, write design specs for developers
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering
- Attend usability testing and incorporate findings into designs
- Participate in Agile QA and embrace a very fast paced development pace
- Be a true advocate for the user and drive the use of consistent UX patterns