Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Standard Parking Corporation 21 reviews– Lawrence, MA
Standard Parking Corporation - 30+ days ago
Standard Parking is currently seeking candidates for full-time and part-time Enforcement Officer opportunities.Residents of City of Lawrence are encouraged to apply.
· Monitor designated streets, lots, garages, other public areas and/or an entire campus to ensure compliance with parking policies.
· Provide customer service by answering questions regarding directions, events, building locations and parking policies.
· Issue citations and warnings for non-compliance with a computerized hand held computer or manual tickets. Impound, boot or relocate vehicles as directed.
· This position requires the ability to work alone and therefore must exercise proper judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with people.
· Assist maintenance staff with duties related to parking equipment and facility upkeep and maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: inspecting and assessing lots for maintenance issues, painting, cleaning and repairing parking meters and pay and display machines, installing signs, sign posts and meter posts.
· Assist in the collection and security of all monies received through parking meters, multi-space machines , pay on foot technology and any other means of collecting parking revenues and fees.
· Assist event staff with activities related to parking for events. This includes but is not limited to: setting up for events, traffic control, receipt of payment for parking, and lot usage control.
· Assist office staff with activities related to permit sales during peak seasons. This includes but is not limited to data entry, collating mailings, providing frontline customer service.
· Other related duties as assigned
* Please note that Enforcement Officers are not sworn police officers and have no arresting authority.
The personnel selected for parking enforcement officer positions must have certain traits and abilities that enable them to achieve expected levels of performance. Some of the most important competencies are exercising sound independent judgment and maintaining a high level of customer service. Other areas include:
· Knowledge of geography of the area they are enforcing
· Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions
· Ability to use a hand held computer
· Ability to operate a motorized vehicle or bicycle
· Ability to understand and apply parking regulations
· Ability to interact with others in a courteous and tactful manner
· Ability to walk for extended periods of time
· Ability to work in all weather conditions
· Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and listen. Employees are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions including snow storms, and extreme heat.
Employees work in and around potentially dangerous traffic situations, and employees are to be safety conscious at all times.
Standard Parking is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a veteran of the Vietnam era, or other legally protected status. Standard Parking also prohibits discrimination against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans; and does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights or any other federal, state or municipal rights protected under policy or law.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.