Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Costco Wholesale 684 reviews– Staten Island, NY
Costco Wholesale - 30+ days ago
United States of America
Various internet sites may link to this page claiming this is an open position. While this position is representative of a job at Costco Wholesale, it does not represent an actual job opening.
Department: Receiving Job Status: Refer to Job Posting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Receiving Manager
Grade/Level: Service Clerk Amount of Travel Required: No travel required
Work Schedule: Varies
Checks, counts, verifies, and documents delivered merchandise. Stacks merchandise onto pallets and wraps pallets in plastic wrap. Keys received merchandise into computer. Monitors all merchandise received and dispatched from the warehouse and all people entering and exiting the building through the Receiving Department. Assists in loading and unloading trucks. Follows proper safety and security procedures and standards.
• Monitors all merchandise into and out of the building. Monitors all people entering and exiting the building through Receiving. Maintains security of Receiving access.
• Opens, counts, and checks merchandise against freight bill; signs freight bill.
• Communicates with buying staff to resolve receiving issues.
• Scans merchandise using radio frequency (RF) gun to verify UPC and item. Keys received goods into computer using RF gun and prints pallet tags and stickers. Notifies Receiving Manager of any miss marked, damaged or miss-shipped items.
• Prepares double-received goods for transport to floor/steel. Stacks bed-loaded and merchandise from damaged pallet onto Costco-approved pallets. Assists in loading and unloading merchandise and pallets onto/off of trucks.
• Assists in removing empty pallets and merchandise from the sales floor.
• Cleans and clears receiving dock of any debris or safety hazard.
• Follows proper Receiving and general safety and security procedures and standards.
• Assists in other areas departments of the warehouse as needed.
• Provides prompt, courteous service to members, employees, and managers.
• Communication Articulates information, both verbally and in writing, in a way that can be easily understood by employees, members, and suppliers. Actively listens to employees, members, and managers and takes appropriate action as necessary.
• Member Service - Exhibits a professional demeanor toward others. Unselfishly serves others and assists members, employees, and suppliers in a prompt and effective manner while following company procedures. Is proactive and reacts quickly and appropriately in identifying problems, finding solutions, and making sound decisions that reflect Costcos Code of Ethics.
• Self Motivated - Well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task, and adhere to deadlines while working independently with minimal supervision. Maintains a commitment to honesty, integrity, and high levels of efficiency and accuracy at all times. Accepts responsibility for his/her choices and decisions
• Team Player - Cooperates well with a variety of personalities and individuals and participates in a professional manner to accomplish the business goal. Willingness to perform tasks assigned by supervisors and to assist others as needed.
• Flexibility - Adjusts positively to change in direction or assignment. Ability to do more than one task during a work shift. Proven ability to comply with new programs, methods, practices, and procedures.
• Record of Satisfactory Job Performance - Demonstrates satisfactory job performance as indicated on the most recent review through positive demonstration of Costcos Success Behaviors, and by a file free from counseling notices related to job performance.
Certificates and Licenses
Electric Pallet Jack, Forklift (prior to beginning work in department); Hazardous Materials Training Module 1, HAZMAT - General Awareness, HAZMAT - Shipping Preparation, HAZMAT - Security Plan Training, and HIPAA Training (all within 30 days)
ABILITIES AND TALENTS RECOMMENDED FOR JOB SUCCESS
High School Diploma or GED
Certificates and Licenses
Costco Forklift certification
Other Skills and Abilities
Sample Corporate Boilerplate Text. There has never been a better time to join the company whose growth knows no boundaries. The company that rewards your success with better pay, better benefits, better atmosphere, and better career advancement opportunities!