Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Milestone > 2 reviews– Menlo Park, CA
Milestone > - 30+ days ago
Solution Development and Delivery
• Reviews client (Meeting Planner) requests and provides technical direction for the planning, scheduling, and delivery of client support services for Facebook offsite and campus events requesting event support from client engagement through delivery of services.
• Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
• Reviews work of Event Production Contractors/Vendors and Audio Visual Support Contractors/Vendors to cultivate a network of global event resources and provide IT-Event Services Manager with feedback on contractor performance.
• Easily steps into the role of Executive Producer and/or Technical Director from planning to execution for all assigned events globally.
Technical Effort Management
• Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Keeps IT-Event Services Manager well informed of status of event support efforts and serves as liaison between Contractors/Vendors and clients.
• Completing event reports as well as updating the ticketing system.
• Owns the technical support lifecycle and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout support planning and delivery.
• Communicates and enforces Facebook standards
• Performs Contractor/Vendor performance reviews and mentors junior Technical Directors.
• Manages technical resources within budget and client support schedule.
• Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
CAREER PATH CORE COMPETENCIES
• Understands technical concepts and support of Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing, Local Audio Reinforcement, Video and Graphics Technologies (including projection, switching and formatting), Video Recording and Camera Operation, Internet Broadcast Video Streaming, and Network Infrastructure Assessment.
• Understands the benefits of the various event formats (i.e. Q&A, Training, Town Hall, Broadcast, etc).
• Possesses significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures.
• Understands video specific format and file type compatibility issues.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Contributes in quarterly status meetings with IT Management team.
• Keeps IT Operations team well informed of changes within various client teams.
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
• Manages the development of team by ensuring that support tasks are in line with each team members career interests when possible.
• Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
• Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
• Facilitates effective team interaction.
• Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his or her fullest potential.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Manages client interaction and expectations regarding event support efforts.
• Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, systems and objectives.
• Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.