Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
PMC Sierra 56 reviews– Sunnyvale, CA
PMC Sierra - 30+ days ago
The Technical Advisor/Architect (Principal) will be responsible for Architecture and design of various RAID & IO controllers with PMCs storage ASICs including:
• Actively participate/follow Industry Standards Committees and technology trends.
• Work with senior management team to determine technical strategies.
• Work closely with other TAs/architects in creating rapid prototypes and help with feasibility studies.
• Help engineering management in resource sizing and planning deliverables.
• Practice company's design control procedure (DCP) and will be expected to follow high quality product development methodologies.
• Serve as a mentor for other design engineers (local & remote) and guide them creating best products.
• Will be responsible for writing White Papers and technical papers for internal and external audiences.
• Prepare technical presentations for engineering staff, executives and potential customers.
• 10+ years of software/firmware storage system development experience
• 3+ years in a technical leadership or management position
• Expert-level knowledge of C/C++ and real time processing including processes, threads, scheduling, synchronization mechanisms, memory management
• Experience with full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance
• Self motivated and able to contribute to a fast paced, rapidly evolving programs
• Superior design and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Track record of successful delivery and development of storage system/appliance products
• Experience in architecting and developing Storage Virtualization products
• Experice in architecting Fault Tolerant Systems with deep understading of various RAID technologies, Virtualization (Server and Storage) technologies, File Systems and various Storage Application is a must.
• Experience with or knowledge of storage protocols such as FC/iSCSI/SAS/SATA/SCSI and thorough knowledge of PCIe interface
• Knowledge of server architecture
• Experience in storage technologies such as tiering, deduplication or thin provisioning
• Storage Management technologies and designing user friendly graphical user interface
• Experience with ThreadX RTOS or other RTOS implementations
PMC (Nasdaq:PMCS) is the semiconductor innovator transforming networks that connect, move and store digital content. Building on a track record of technology leadership, we are driving innovation across storage, optical and mobile networks. Our highly integrated solutions increase performance and enable next generation services to accelerate the network transformation. For more information visit www.pmcs.com.