Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Flextronics International Ltd. 197 reviews– Milpitas, CA
Flextronics International Ltd. - 30+ days ago
Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the worlds leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
• Reporting to the company's Vice President, Flextronics Strategic Marketing and Business Intelligence, the Senior Director of Marketing - Automotive will be responsible for the strategic direction and execution for growing the company's Automotive segment business.
• This marketing executive will drive all inbound and outbound related activities including strategic marketing initiatives, business intelligence, and sales enablement for the Automotive segment
• Strategic Marketing
• Develop & articulate Flextronics value proposition and marketing/business plan for the Automotive market.
• Drive strategic projects to enhance our offerings
• Drive fundamental analyses on the energy markets based on supply and demand trends. Develops perspectives on future markets and customer dynamics that will allow Flextronics to develop proactive solutions and services
• Collaboratively develop strategic functional segment strategic plans and ensure effective achievement of plans
• Drive partnering with customers and suppliers
• Provide support for Merger and Acquisition activity
• Lead market-specific messaging & branding
• Develop and maintain in-depth market analysis through ongoing relationships with target customers, customers customers, suppliers, regulatory agencies, industry groups, and other market stakeholders throughout the industrys value chain.
• Remains current on market movements as well as the variables that affect the economic climate
• Be Flextronics spokesperson at industry conferences & events
• Develop sales and marketing presentations and provide collateral content for outbound collateral
• Sales Support
Work proactively with Sales to:
• Identify potential target accounts and use market research to identify and prioritize market opportunities
• Collaborate with the sales force to develop account penetration strategies and drive new business opportunities down the sales funnel
• Train the sales force on market understanding, account planning, and new engagement approaches
• Drive market research and needs analysis to discern market/customer requirements and track industry trends
• Senior-level marketing leader with 7-10 years of proven market development leadership within the Automotive market (Safety/Connectivity/Energy Management/Vehicle Electronics )
• OEM Automotive experience includes: interacting closely with senior management, a broad range of marketing experience, familiar with product roadmaps, strong technical and sales understanding of medium to enterprise business level needs, broad knowledge of marketing and program implementation, knowledge of competitor's product offerings and ability to evaluate market requirements and in depth knowledge of marketing elements (product pricing, promotion, and positioning)
• Deep market or extensive supply chain knowledge within the telecom/networking domain
• Able to help drive new business and expand current business within existing accounts, along with the business skills to expand geographic presence in emerging markets (Eastern Europe, China, Brazil, and others) through joint account strategy development, identifying target prospects, markets and technologies.
• Ability to align closely with sales in developing and driving customer wins
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, consulting and financial analyst documents for communicating market trends and directions, competitive positioning and customer strategic directions
• Charismatic leader who employs a hands-on style. Intuitive, intelligent, and high-energy, the executive will have an open communication style with a strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster energy and enthusiasm at every level.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to evangelize the companys capabilities and value proposition
• Good understanding of product lifecycles and R&D development processes
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS in Engineering or BA in Marketing; MBA preferred
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Automotive markets, with at least 5 years in a strategic marketing management role or product marketing. Technical market management experience with a thorough understanding of customer segments and market dynamics within the EMS or OEM arena is preferred.
• Demonstrable experience and past success developing and executing strategic plans and increasing sales productivity through sales enablement initiatives
• Experience in MS Office Product Suite and CRM systems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Flexibility to operate well in a rapidly changing and often high stress environment
• Adobe Product Suite a plus
• Social marketing and marketing communications experience a plus