Shopkick looking for a Product Manager who wants to be a part of a team that aims to dramatically improve the way people shop in the physical world.
We're looking for individuals who have a passion for building incredible consumer experiences, enjoy listening to and learning from users, understand the meaning of ownership and are excited about making this adventure a central part of their life.
Shopkick is the largest real-world shopping app. It lets users treat themselves while shopping. All they need to do is walk
into stores, and they earn points (like miles) that are called kicks, just for walking in. No purchase is necessary. In addition, shopkick shows users great products at stores, and rewards users for engaging with products at stores. Within three years from launch, 6+ million users signed up in the U.S., as well as 13 retail partners at over 7,000 large stores in the U.S., including Target, Macy’s, Old Navy, Best Buy, Crate & Barrel, American Eagle, Sports Authority, Simon Malls and others, and 75+ brands (P&G, Unilever, Kraft, Levi’s, HP, Intel).
Shopkick’s vision is to fundamentally transform shopping at physical stores for consumers by making it more rewarding, entertaining and personal, using mobile phones’ location awareness, unprecedented personalization capabilities, and social/viral features. It is based in Redwood City, founded by mobile and consumer experts, and funded with $20M (Series A and B) by Kleiner Perkins and Reid Hoffman/Greylock (founder and Chairman of LinkedIn, and Partner at Greylock).
Shopkick addresses the no. 1 issue of all physical retailers: driving foot traffic. Fast Company named shopkick one of the Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in Retail by Fast Company, along with Amazon.com, Apple and Starbucks. The Wall Street Journal ranked shopkick one of the Top 10 Apps among 500,000 on Apple’s App Store. Visa and MasterCard became strategic partners for purchase verification, so shopkick can now reward users for walking into stores as well as for purchases. Responsibilities:
- Manage and conduct usability testing
- Define feature specifications
- Work with engineering and design to bring products to life
- Manage operational activities that keep users delighted
- Analyze and report product success
- QA and test products that are being built
- Doing whatever it takes :)
- 3-5 years of prior product management/design (or related) experience
- Ability to conceptualize ambiguous product challenges and excited to design significant, new-to-the-world products
- Passion and point-of-view on shopping, retail or eCommerce products
- Appreciation for and point-of-view around visual design
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and discuss technical issues
- An equally creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- A strong grasp of great user-experience and user-interface design
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about coming ready and challenging your abilities every single day