Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Oshkosh Corporation 36 reviews– Defense Heights, Baltimore, MD
Oshkosh Corporation - 30+ days ago
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Ensures production is met to satisfy contractual commitments and maximizes profits by overseeing production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees plant production by observing activity and setting standards to ensure production and quality needs are met.
• Conducts meetings and discussions pertaining to continuous improvement in responsible areas.
• Develop and maintain an environment that promotes productivity and throughput to include conflict resolution.
• Creates and maintains budgets, approves expenditures, and manages operations keeping within budgets.
• Direct Production Supervisors and Team Reps to foster employee involvement process.
• Assure that the production schedules are met as determined by the master schedule.
• Assure that all units manufactured meet or exceed quality standards.
• Assist in the development and coordination of new methods and procedures to reduce manufacturing costs.
• Six plus years of related work experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, or Manufacturing Engineering
• Knowledge and experience with production scheduling
• Ability to implement and drive lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes
• Heavy equipment or automotive manufacturing experience at the management level
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.