Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Flextronics International Ltd. 251 reviews– Plano, TX
Flextronics International Ltd. - 30+ days ago
Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the worlds leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
• Sr. Director of Strategic Supply Chain Manager has the responsibility to lead a team of supply chain management professionals and to develop and implement world class supply chain strategies that provide Flextronics and our Customers with a Strategic Market advantage. The incumbent is an integral part of the Industrial & Emerging Industries Materials organization and is expected to develop and drive supply chain strategies that are consistent with established company policies, worldwide material/procurement strategies, and established segment metrics. Due to a close customer relationship, the incumhas a focused dotted line relationship to the Business Group President
• Create and implement a global supply chain strategy in support of the Global program that is synchronized with Flextronics Industrial & Emerging Industries material strategies and metrics.
• Implement programs to optimize inventory turnover while mitigating inventory exposure and reducing risk for both Flextronics and our customer. These activities include implementation of contractual excess and obsolescence terms with the customer as well as supplier managed inventory programs.
• Leverage Flextronics Industrial & Emerging Industries Commodity Management organization in support of strategic procurement initiatives in an effort to maximize cost reduction. Measure and report on project status both internally and to the customer
• Consolidate input from commodity managers, site materials management, and personal efforts for consolidated program sourcing documents that maximize flexibility and maintain cost to performance targets both internally and externally.
• Support Design Services Procurement Manager (DSPM) activities for new programs for specific Global customers. Provide forward price projections, as required.
• Support Flextronics sites on critical material expedite requests.
• Direct customer quotation requirements. Interface with Flextronics Quotation Group during the quotation process to ensure all costed Bills of Material are competitive, support the defined supply chain strategy, and minimize Flextronics exposure to inventory impacted by quoted pricing.
• Lead purchasing activities associated with New Product Introduction efforts. Complete line item source awards, new supplier development, and item-master upload.
• Ensure the highest ethical standards of integrity and professionalism are adhered to in the procurement process in accordance with corporate requirements.
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor Degree in business, engineering or related field
• More than 10 years of experience in Procurement/Supply Chain including 8-10 years in management
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
• Experienced negotiating skills specific to achieving favorable prices and services.
• Strong organization, planning, and tactical execution abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication ability.
• Understanding of supply chain management, the contract electronic manufacturing business and practices, as well as automated and manual procurement systems.
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven record for achieving cost savings in a high volume environment is preferred