Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Oshkosh Corporation 36 reviews– JLG, United States
Oshkosh Corporation - 30+ days ago
The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial world platforms and JLG SkyTrak and Lull telehandlers. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle transportation.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for the day to day management of the Purchasing Department, and the implementation of goals and objectives set by the Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct leadership of component, planning, administrative, supplier, quality, and new program managers.
• Responsible for the goal setting, measurement, training, and motivation of these managers, and the growing of these individuals into effective coaches. (Examples of responsible goals would include: maintain supplier delivery performance above 95%, reduce and maintain accurate lead times, increase number of certified suppliers, reduce material cost, increase bar code use by suppliers, implement EDI with supplier base, increase and maintain supplier quality level above 99%)
• Interface as needed with both the supplier base and Oshkosh upper management. Attend staff, operations, and other meetings when Director is unavailable.
• Advise manager of any circumstances that could affect quality, delivery or pricing of purchased product.
• Bachelor's degree in related field
• 6-plus years of relevant experience
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.