Simply Hired is seeking a talented, passionate, senior-level Web Apps Engineer to refine, evolve and innovate new features for our next generation search experience that will help job seekers everywhere find a job that they love. About Simply Hired:
Simply Hired®, a technology company based in Sunnyvale, California, operates job search engines in 24 countries and 12 languages. With more than 30 million unique visitors per month, the company provides job seekers access to over 8 million job openings across all job categories and industries, reaching job seekers on the web, social networks, mobile devices, email, and via thousands of partner sites including LinkedIn, The Washington Post, and Bloomberg Businessweek. With its Sponsored Jobs offering, Simply Hired enables employers to efficiently and cost-effectively reach candidates searching for jobs through its full-service and self-service pay-per-click (PPC) job advertising solutions. Simply Hired was founded in 2005, has offices in Sunnyvale, Los Angeles, New York and Toronto, and is privately held with funding from Foundation Capital and IDG Ventures. For more information, visit www.simplyhired.com.The Role:
As a senior member of the Web Applications team, you’ll be responsible for refining, evolving and innovating new features to improve the speed and functionality of our software applications. By utilizing your expertise with all aspects of the software development lifecycle (architecture through release) and your strong coding skills, you will influence internal teams to develop software that will take our job seeker experience to the next level. Responsibilities:
- Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for our core applications and customer facing offerings
- Define technical scope of products and their features
- Actively contribute to software development (using open-source software, such as Python/Django, PHP, Linux, MySQL, and TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.) that engages and delights our users
- Design, implement and test core components
- Create new applications which leverage our core infrastructure in new and exciting ways
- Create slick and fast front-ends for our consumer site, partner portals, and monetization system
- Bring SDLC best practices to our web applications development team
- Work with Operations team to ensure smooth deployment of product releases and updates
- Mentor others on the development team – make them better!
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in an internet-focused software product or business.
- Experience developing web-based consumer-facing applications using open-source software components such as Linux, MySQL, PHP, Python/Django, Apache required
- Experience in an Agile software development environment in a web context
- A thorough understanding of how business needs drive product features
- Demonstrated expertise with the entire software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science or related discipline
Simply Hired is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters & agencies please don't contact this job posting or send candidates.