Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices via the Apple Store, Google Play, and on the Web via Facebook, Yahoo, Kabam.com and other platforms. In 2012 Kabam revenues grew by 70 percent to more than $180 million. The company is profitable and has seven titles that gross more than $1 million per month, including four grossing more than $3 million and two grossing more than $7 million per month. Kabam's Kingdoms of Camelot franchise has grossed more than $200 million in less than four years, making it one of the top 10 strategy franchises of all time. In 2012, Kabam Publishing was launched and in April 2013 Kabam announced the $50 million WWDevFund to provide third-party developers access to Kabam’s technology platform, marketing channels, and best practices that Kabam’s in-house development teams use to bring wildly successful games to players worldwide. Kabam has 600 employees across three continents, with corporate headquarters in San Francisco. The company's investors include Google, Warner Brothers, MGM, SK Telecom, Intel, Canaan Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Pinnacle Ventures. More information about Kabam can be found at www.kabam.com.
The Quantitative Analyst plays a key role in one of the most strategic areas of the company. You must be passionate about using data to answer complex questions. You will work cross-functionally to define meaningful success metrics for the company, use statistical analysis and data mining techniques to better understand user behaviors and influence product features. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Conduct proactive in-depth analysis and modeling to uncover hidden opportunities; communicate insights to product, engineering, and management teams.
- Build and maintain complex statistical models that learn from and scale to millions of users.
- Collaborate with engineering on design and implementation of data infrastruture to support analytics needs.
- Work with business teams on requirements and goals for ad-hoc analysis.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or another quantitative discipline; 3+ years of industry experience a plus.
- Proven ability to deal and thrive with multiple imperfect, mixed, varied, and inconsistent data sources; expert knowledge in one or more of the following languages/tools to wrangle and understand data: Python, SQL, Hive, R, Matlab, Spotfire, Tableau.
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques: regression, SVM, boosting/ensemble methods, HMM, graph theories, clustering techniques, etc.
To send us your information, click 'Apply' below.