Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Dominican University of California 7 reviews– San Rafael, CA
Dominican University of California - 30+ days ago
Adjunct Faculty, Green MBA - Req. # : 180
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Adjunct Faculty, Green MBA
SAN RAFAEL, CA, 94901 US
Date Needed By
The Green MBA at Dominican University of California is seeking adjunct professors in several areas including, but not limited to, Ecological Economics and Strategic Enterprise Planning to begin teaching in Spring 2013. Classes occur every other weekend throughout the semester on either Saturday or Sunday.
Ecological Economics explores how people, acting through the private, public, and nonprofit sectors, can effect change using a "triple-bottom-line" approach--sustainable scale, just distribution and efficient allocation. Real-world experience in applying ecological economic principles is preferred.
In Strategic Enterprise Planning, students develop either entrepreneurial business plans or strategic plans for major new initiatives for existing businesses, integrating learning from the entire Green MBA program curriculum. Success in launching entrepreneurial ventures and securing funding for said ventures is desirable.
Additionally, we invite applications from professionals with teaching and sustainability work experience in: finance, accounting, marketing, operations management, organizational behavior and other business and/or management fields. Attention will be given to those that demonstrate and practice a triple bottom line approach incorporating social and environmental values into business strategy and operations.
* Teach three unit course at Graduate level
* Attend and contribute to faculty meetings, conference calls and other professional development activities
* Participate in curriculum development for individual courses and overall program
* Evaluate and grade student work and provide feedback to students
* Advise students on the progress of their projects and coursework
* Uphold academic performance standards and integrity
* Advanced degree from accredited institution in the filed of management, marketing, public policy, economics, law or finance
* Deep understanding of the relationship between course subject, real world application, and sustainability
* For Ecological Economics: Professional experience and/or publications in the area of ecological economics as well as professional experience designing government policy or conducting economic analyses for large-scale projects in business or government settings
* For Strategic Enterprise Planning: The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and success in bringing entrepreneurial ventures to fruition including cultivating innovative ideas and securing capital to scale an operation
* Previous experience teaching at the graduate level preferred
Additional Position Information
* Dominican University of California is strongly committed to building a diverse community and is an equal opportunity employer
* Must be willing to consent to a background check
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
For further information about this position, please feel free to contact:
# of Hires Needed