Senior Consultant - High Performance DesignLocation: New York City
Kinetix [business ecology] provides high performance design consulting services from feasibility and ROI studies through implementation phases of real estate projects. We develop and optimize site, envelope, water, energy and materials solutions, and create effective marketing strategies that communicate the value of sustainable design. Our services include developing LEED-certified buildings for clients.
We are seeking an architect with expertise in sustainable design to support our high performance design team in the preparation of client deliverables. The successful candidate will research, develop and optimize site, envelope, water, energy and materials solutions, develop design strategies and schematic detailing, estimate preliminary costs, calculate payback periods and quantify performance gains to communicate the value of high performance design.
* Manage client relationships for HPD and LEED projects to ensure excellence in deliverables and business development
* Develop scopes of work, proposals, and budget projections for new business
* Develop design strategies, conceptual and schematic options, for further development and documentation by others
* Contribute to the development of client solutions, departmental infrastructure, and project management and design tools
* Schematic detailing and specification of sustainable design solutions for core and shell as well as building interiors
* Preliminary cost-estimating and calculation of payback periods
* Oversee computerized energy and daylight modeling deliverables
* Master's degree
* LEED Accredited Professional
* Minimum 5 years experience
* Excellent drawing, written, and presentation skills
* Expertise in AutoCAD and InDesign
* Ability to work independently
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to:jobs[at]kinetixllc[dot]com. (No phone calls.)
Kinetix is an equal opportunity employer.