Subject Matter Expert, Acquisition and ContractingLocation: Tysons Corner, VA
Job Code: 763
# of Openings: 1
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Development
Provides federal acquisition and contracting subject matter expertise to the curriculum development team to assure course materials are current and reflect customer needs. Contributes subject matter expertise in client marketing and sales engagements. Evaluates performance of instructors and courseware. Position requires a high level of federal acquisition and contracting knowledge and instructional design capability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
1. Develops new courses using instructional design techniques:
— Defines audience, course concept, and learning objectives by working with Director, Product Development, Director, Product Management, other subject matter experts, and clients and by conducting independent research.
— Develops course materials for both classroom and online delivery, including learning objectives, student text, exercises, case studies, visual aids, and instructor guide.
2. Rewrites existing courses:
Works with Director, Product Development and others to revalidate audience, course concept, and objectives
Develops revised course materials, including learning objectives, text, exercises, case studies, visual aids, and instructor guide.
3. Reads course materials cover to cover and extensively rewrites as necessary to assure accuracy, currency, appropriateness, and editorial readability.
4. Maintains existing courses:
Updates materials to reflect changes in law, regulation, philosophy, or practice.
— Validates instructor and student course comments through application of own subject matter knowledge or interfaces with instructors or other subject matter experts and corrects course materials.
5. Provides subject matter exertise in dealing with clients seeking cusotmized training solutions.
6. Maintains currency as to changes in regulations, laws, legal decisions, and trends in Acquisition and Contracting, both via electronic and paper publications. Applies this knowledge to contribute articles to inhouse newsletter to assist staff and instructors in maintaining currency.
7. Applies subject matter expertise and research capability to:
— support curriculum development staff
— support instructors’ needs for information and advice on issues associated with student questions or course materials
— address student questions received through website or by telephone.
8. Participates in AC catalog development and proofing.
9. Supports Defense Acquisitsion University equivalency reviews and American Council on Education college credit recommendations reviews.
10. Provides consulting services in areas of expertise if required.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant study area (contracting, law, public policy, etc.) required. Masters degree preferred.
2. Fifteen years current experience in contracting to include cradle to grave contract management required. Experience in acquisition policy a plus. A master’s degree in a relevant field may be substituted for two years experience.
3. FAC-C or DAWIA Level III certification in contracting. Demonstrated federal acquisition work experience and unlimited contracting officer warrant may be substituted for this requirement.
4. Instructional design training and experience in student centered learning a plus.
5. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Strong customer focus and customer service mindset with strong ability to build, maintain, and nurture internal and external relationships.
Are you a returning applicant?