Principal Software EngineerBack to career opportunities
Principal Software Engineer
As America’s largest real-time healthcare communications network, it is NaviNet’s mission to advance the efficiency and quality of care by delivering health plans, providers, patients and partners the advanced solutions, services and expertise needed to streamline business processes and drive industry-leading innovation.
About Our Product:
NaviNet provides Web access to a wide array of custom healthcare transactions. Our solution is used by over 800,000 healthcare providers across the country. The Web site provides efficiencies and cost-savings to both our health plan customers and the offices that use our product by converting paper and telephone-based workflows to electronic workflows that are accessed easily within a browser. In addition, NaviNet provides a number of value-add transactions with other healthcare software applications, such as care management, revenue cycle and clinical systems. NaviNet features encompass a spectrum – from those that are jointly developed with our customers and partners, to those that are a common part of the NaviNet offering and are developed entirely by our staff. We maintain an extremely high level of customer and end user satisfaction by taking great means to ensure that our product meets our end users needs and truly makes the provider office more efficient. Whether working closely with a customer to deliver a custom workflow, or with internal staff to deliver a value-add feature, you will be expected to provide a high quality product.
We’re seeking an experienced, energetic and passionate Principal Software Engineer to join the NaviNet European Development Team. As an engineer on the NaviNet Web site, you will be responsible for the design and development of NaviNet software components that reside within our Service Federation. We develop primarily on the .NET platform, with SQL Server as our backend data store. We utilize a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities within our SOA based topology and across to our customers’ systems. Our engineers are expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Responsibilities and requirements of the position are given below.
* Design and develop portal and services on .NET platform within Service Orientation Architecture (SOA)-based environment using SQL Server as backend data store
* Work within a Lean Software Development framework to deliver business requirements from analysis and design through to deployment
* Lead, mentor and inspire junior and senior team members
* Realize responsibility-based planning and control
* Identify and eliminate waste within the Value Stream
* Focus the team to deliver business benefit and continuously improve
* Use and apply VB6, Visual Basic, and C#/VB.NET
* Perform and use object oriented design and languages, including .NET, Java and C++
* Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment and refactoring
* Work with design patterns and communication protocols, including Web services, MQ Series and MSMQ
* Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
* Perform enterprise server development in a distributed computing environment, including database design and development
* Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across client systems
* Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding and separation of interface and implementation
* Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, Lean/Kanban and status reports
* Spot issues meritorious of escalation and communicate to management in clear, concise fashion
* Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
* Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
* Review information and processes to identify discord between client requirements and current output, entailing ascertainment of client needs, problems and expectations from a technical perspective
* Establish and execute sound, technical courses of action to accommodate client needs and expectations and overcome problems
* Apply technical background to identify information required and proceed to collect the same toward understanding issues and problems
* Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
* Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner.
Interested candidates must have the following:
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related field
* Experience of server product development
* Applicants must also demonstrate knowledge of the technologies, IT concepts and applications inherent in the position, as described above
NaviNet is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
Click here to apply
Back to career opportunities
* Case Studies