riptano – Burlingame, CA
riptano - 30+ days ago
Account Executive - Inside Sales
Location: Burlingame, CA
Riptano is redefining the term "database" by bringing the next-generation of data infrastructure products to web and enterprise customers. The company leads the development and commercialization of the Cassandra open-source technology -- a fusion of Google's BigTable technology and Amazon's Dynamo technology that was incubated by Facebook's data team.
This technology, required to satisfy the big data demands of the modern world, allows web and enterprise users to build massively scalable and self-healing data and application capabilities and operate them at extremely low TCO on commodity hardware or in the cloud.
Cassandra is in use at leading internet companies like Twitter, Digg and Rackspace, and at wide range of companies in the financial services, telecommunications, logistics, retail and government sectors.
Riptano's business is focused on both products and services. On the services side, Riptano provides support subscriptions and associated training and consultation for companies looking to use Cassandra in commercial and/or mission-critical applications. Riptano is also bringing to market a range of products to accelerate Cassandra-driven innovation in demanding web and enterprise environments. These include sophisticated operations and management capabilities and higher-level enterprise frameworks.
The Account Executive - Inside Sales role is a sales position responsible for qualifying accounts and selling Riptano's products and services via inbound enquiries, generated leads and cold-calling.
- A persistent, self-starter with a track record of successful, credible follow-up and cold calling in to a range of business and IT levels within an organization
- Minimum 1 year successful experience in HW/SW Inside Sales, preferably in IT or similar industry
- Preferably technical fluency and experience talking to IT organizations about infrastructure software (i.e. one or more of databases, application servers, middleware, messaging/CEP, open-source server software, cloud computing).
- Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- A team player with the ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment with a desire to work with others for broader success
- Experience and success working within a revenue quota and commission structure
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- College degree or equivalent work experience