AlwaysOnVacation, Inc. is an established, venture backed online travel company dedicated to the distribution and marketing of vacation rental accommodations on the Internet. Based in San Ramon, California with engineering and IT operations in both San Ramon, California and New Delhi, India we are seeking a talented technology leader to assume ownership of the company’s global engineering and IT operations.
A passion to create cutting edge platforms is an absolute must, because this role will directly impact the experience of millions of travelers. Our platform is fully localized for 16 global markets and languages worldwide. Our software is also accessible through our 60 plus global distribution network partners via our whitelabel system. We're looking for a talented, passionate professional to play a vital role in shaping our online, social, mobile, and tablet based travel products.
The ideal candidate will also have substantial experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven development environment, where high visibility and strategically importance are opportunities. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, manage and motivate fast-growing engineering teams in the US and India made up of development, QA, production, support and IT teams for various websites, backend systems, networks and offices with 24/7/365 operations. Includes partnering with our Director of Engineering in India who engineering resources in India report to. Management of a small number engineering resources in San Francisco Bay area. Scale-up our technical team and environment.
- Direct activities for specifying requirements, designing, creating, testing, documenting, supporting and managing all company technical products, hosting and office/IT environments.
- Responsible for planning, organization and operation of current and planned software and IT groups, as well as strategy and roadmap planning for future products and environments.
- Manage technology and hosting vendor relationships.
- At least 10+ years of hands-on technical and full software life-cycle experience.
- At least 10+ years’ experience developing and supporting large scale distributed web-based applications with mission critical 24/7operations. Experience with performance tuning, scaling, and internationalization. Experience in Windows and Unix/Linux Java and RDBMS based applications. Experience with Intershop Enfinity and Oracle and MySQL a plus.
- At least 5+ years of software development managerial experience for development, support and QA functions.
- Excellent management, communication, and teamwork skills, with proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a diverse group of distributed engineers and collaborate effectively with other functions within the company.
- Experience working remotely with resources in India a plus.
- Ability to develop product functional and architecture specifications into an organized and realistic project development plan.
- Experience with fast-paced, start-up development environments.
- Fast learner with strong work ethic and sense of urgency.