Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. 17 reviews– Lake Success, Long Island, NY
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Job No. RX120093
Location New York (Lake Success, Long Island)
Category Quality Assurance / RegulatoryQuality Assurance and Food Safety Associate
Manage, audit and document compliance to the Company’s overall Food Safety Management System (FSMS) for company-owned facilities, contract manufacturing partners and other raw & pack suppliers. Ensure the quality, safety and compliance of Hain Celestial food products by working with assigned current and new manufacturing facilities and ingredient suppliers, in accordance with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), the 2010 Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), cGMPs, and Company Best Practices.
Relocation is not available for this position.
Location:New York (Lake Success, Long Island)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Audit production facilities to ensure compliance with all quality programs, including GMP and HACCP Critical Control Points (CCP).
• Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods.
• Establish and monitor all ingredient COA, testing, and process testing protocols.
• Establish and maintain excellent records, and populate/update off-the-shelf specification database with technical information on ingredients and finished goods including microbiological and chemical/physical specifications, manufacturing procedures, transportation, and shelf-life conditions.
• Complete periodic raw material vendor audits as part of supplier quality expectations.
• Assist plant personnel with timely process for releasing ingredients and finished goods through the supply chain verified as having passed all quality measures.
• Work with R&D and plant QC team to support new product launches, particularly at plant trials (as needed) and initial production runs to ensure product integrity and compliance.
• Work with R&D and Regulatory during new or improved product development process to define and validate finished good specifications, including shipping and storage.
• Work with Purchasing to approve appropriate new raw-and-pack material vendors.
• Support implementation and maintenance of all food safety systems including GFSI (SQF or other).
• Work closely with Operations to assure continuous improvement of quality and safety, including ongoing review of food safety systems, such as SQF, product compliance to specification.
Continuous Improvement and Brand Maintenance:
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement of departmental SOPs.
• Work with Consumer Relations and other teams as necessary to identify and resolve reported consumer complaints. Analyze complaint reporting and make recommendations for ongoing improvement.
• Provide technical information as needed for export, join venture, or other business development projects, or to any Company department subject to confidentiality guidelines.
• Ensure that all new regulations (i.e., FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented at all assigned facilities and suppliers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in food sciences, food process engineering or appropriate biological sciences.
• 3-5 years work-related experience in food product, process development or quality control.
• Working knowledge of Food GMPs, SOPs, HACCP/Food Safety, and Environmental Guidelines.
• Experience with regulatory requirements at manufacturing level, specifically organic certification is a plus.
• Export experience is a plus.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast pace environment.
• Ability to organize and tailor technical documentation necessary for multiple customers
• Exceptional communication, problem-solving, handling complexity and judgment, and analytical skills.
• Approximately 15-20% out of town travel is required.
Drug Free Workplace
You may apply for this position by clicking on the Submit button below. Please include salary history. No phone calls.