Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 249,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Qualcomm 896 reviews– Santa Clara, CA
Qualcomm - 30+ days ago
Requisition # G1885949
Job Title Video ASIC Design Engineer - Santa Clara
Post Date 01/21/2013
Division Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job Area Engineering - Hardware
Location California - Santa Clara
Job Function Qualcomm CDMA Technologies, a.k.a. QCT - http://www.qualcomm.com/qct/, is the world leader in wireless ICs powering the majority of 3G & 4G devices, the largest fabless semiconductor in the world, and is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For." Our ASIC teams are developing advanced Multimedia technologies to enhance mobile devices in areas including audio, 2D/3D graphics and video displays. These Multimedia ASICS are co-designed with our RF, analog and mixed-signal ICs to deliver a highly-integrated, high-performance and low-cost chipsets to our customers and partners. The successful candidate for this position will specify and design digital ASIC blocks in our MM and Graphics teams that will be integrated into a broad range of 3G and 4G devices.
Responsibilities The successful applicant will be responsible for the architecture, design, verification and implementation of hardware blocks in the area of video compression/decompression and work on following tasks:
- ASIC implementation of Video Codec IP.
- Micro architecture design and documentation.
- RTL coding, simulation and debug of Video Codec ASIC blocks.
- Test plan development and coverage based design verification.
- Synthesis, timing closure, and formal verification.
Skills/Experience - 5+ years industry/academic experience in the design of video codec ASICs.
- Deep knowledge of video standards and their implementation architecture.
- Previous experience in the design of video codec blocks such as H264 CABAC
is a big plus.
- Languages: Verilog/VHDL, Scripting Languages, C/C++/System C.
- Tools: VCS, NCVerilog, ModelSim; Synopsys DC, PrimeTime, LEC; Spyglass; ClearCase dB.
- Protocols/Standards: Video codec standards, AMBA, AHB, AXI, & ARM CPUs.
Education Requirements Required: Master's, Electrical Engineering
Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering