Title: Enterprise ArchitectLocation: UT - Salt Lake Service Center
Enterprise Technical Architect- Salt Lake City, Utah or Houston, Texas
Zions Bancorporation is now accepting applications for our Enterprise Technical Architect position located in West Valley City, UT, or Houston, TX. The ideal candidate for this position will have the skills and experience to architect and deliver mission-critical enterprise grade applications and systems.
Zions Bancorporation is a West Coast regional Banking/Financial organization with operations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington. We have 10,000 employees with 40 Billion in managed assets. Zions Bank is proud to be an S&P 500 company. To better familiarize your self with our company visit us at:http://www.zionsbancorporation.com/
* Provide broad IT architecture support for variety of business and technology projects.
* Analyze enterprise business context to derive technical architecture.
* Define technology standards, principles and governance that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
* Design and lead the implementation of an enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
* Support executive management and project teams in technology decisions and implementation of technology strategy
* Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards
* Facilitate consistent business analysis, information acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design, archiving and recovery strategies, security, and change management at the enterprise level
* Develop a road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state
* Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development
* Participate in enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture
* Experience with planning, architecting and delivering mission-critical enterprise grade applications and systems
* Experience in guiding buy/build decisions, distributed systems, system design and development
* Experience with project management, organizational, time management, customer relationship, communications, and presentations skills
* Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
* Ability to understand the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations
* Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
* Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
* Thorough understanding of IT management processes
* Experience in multiple technology areas in large heterogeneous enterprise environments
* Experience in designing and implementing multi-tiered enterprise applications (J2EE, .NET, RDBMS etc.), EAI, and integration middleware
* Strong background and demonstrated knowledge of SOA and and object-oriented analysis and design
* Experience in the design and construction of information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems
* Experience in application and infrastructure analysis and design
* Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise IT processes and service management concepts (e.g. ITIL)
· Experience with business intelligence and data warehousing development techniques
· Experience with relational database management systems and other data structures
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication at all organizational levels
* Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high-quality deliverables (documentation, presentations, research, etc.)
* Ability to analyze problems, process complex data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Experience in management or other leadership position a significant plus
* Banking or other Financial Services experience a plus
* Mainframe experiences a plus
* Information Security experiences a plus
* Experience with new computing architectures and the implementation of networked computing structures emphasizing distributed computing; experience with e-commerce, Web architecture, and Internet/intranet development and implementation a plus
Requires a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field and 8 years of experience in information systems architecture, application architecture, software development, project management or engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer