Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
American Systems 16 reviews– Chantilly, VA
American Systems - 30+ days ago
Sytems is seeking a web applications developer with Sharepoint
experience who can work independently at a customer site without
significant management oversight, but still be able to work with
other team members to integration application solutions. The
candidate must have a verifyable track record of hand-on development
experience using MS Sharepoint technologies.
location is Arlington, VA with little or no travel required.
• 5+ years of related software
• 5 + years of experience in
developing and deploying solutions in Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and
• 3 + years of experience leveraging SharePoint
Business Intelligence capabilities and features
• 3 +
years of experience with developing .NET Web applications.
• Experience and knowledge of software engineering principles,
methods, and techniques.
• Experience using the SharePoint
2007 and 2010 frameworks as an application development platform.
• Experience leveraging Microsoft technologies, including
ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, ADO.NET, SharePoint, and SQL Servers, to improve
business processes and productivity.
• Experience in SQL
• Demonstrate an understanding of SharePoint API's
• Ability to interact with end users and
translate business language into technical requirements.
Prior experience in federal agency environment highly desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability
to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work in a team-based environment, as well as, the
ability to work independently.
• Ability to work
effectively with people of many different disciplines with varying
degrees of technical experience
* Must possess, or be willing to achieve
within 180 days of employment, at least one of the following two
• MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint
Services 3.0, Application Development
• MCTS: Microsoft
Office SharePoint Server 2007, Application Development
Additional certifications are preferred, particularly in the
• MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
• MCTS: Microsoft Windows SharePoint
Services 3.0, Configuration
candidate will support the development and enhancements of projects
using Microsoft technologies. This position works within an
integrated team environment to analyze, design, develop, test, and
debug cutting edge web-based solutions for agency customers. Each
project will involve technical skills ranging from SharePoint
deployment and configuration, extending SharePoint APIs, and the
development of custom web parts.
• Apply knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and .NET platforms
and programming languages.
• Develop and design
specifications and unit test plans and troubleshoot client issues.
• Participate in writing systems documents, including use
case design documents and support user acceptance testing.
• Provide innovative use of SharePoint infrastructure for
storing data, customizing search and storing documents by integrating
external tools into the SharePoint framework.
Build, and Implement SharePoint portals to satisfy the business and
data needs of an organization
• Work closely with
end-users, the customer and other stakeholders to coordinate plans
and activities that affect the assigned projects.
Provide technical leadership to contract and agency management in the
development, maintenance and application of developing SharePoint
technologies as they apply to agency needs.
with consultants and vendors in assessment of systems and databases
subject to SharePoint applications and use.
• Perform other
related assignments as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical
certifications or training, or work experience.