Department: Bakery Department
Reports to: Bakery Manager
The Bakery Clerk is responsible for providing excellent customer service in the Bakery Department. This position is responsible for stocking, rotating, and maintaining cleanliness in the bakery department areas, and to ensure that all activities are contributing to the financial interests of the store. The Bakery Clerk assists the Bakery Manager in achieving a high quality and freshness of all bakery items.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all company rules and policies;
- Follows their assigned shift schedules- any changes must be approved by the Bakery Manager;
- Maintains a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times;
- Complies with safety policies and procedures;
- Adheres to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations;
- Cleans and maintains the store floor clean and free of debris that may pose a threat to employee and customer safety;
- Responds to all calls for service or clean-up quickly;
- Maintains communication with store management and Front-End;
- Assists Bakery Manager as needed;
- Be knowledgeable and ready to assist in receiving and all point-of-sale activities;
- Greets and provides prompt courteous customer service;
- Assists customers with questions and product selection;
- Completes customer orders in a timely manner;
- Maintains bakery department areas clean and sanitized;
- Follows departmental procedures for safety, proper food handling, and sanitation according to local, state, and federal health code regulations;
- Move stock from storage to shelf/baking areas;
- Properly packages, weighs, and labels baked goods according to weights-and-measures standards;
- Properly rotates merchandise in refrigerated coolers and department tables, paying special attention to spoiling goods;
- Handles damaged and spoiled goods according to company policy;
- Keeps coolers/tables fully stocked and faced;
- Prepares various bakery goods following company recipes;
- Enthusiasm while announcing bakery specials.
- The individual must be able to perform all of the duties listed in the Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities in an efficient and satisfactory manner;
- High school diploma is preferred, but not required;
- Must possess a food handlers permit;
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required;
- Basic reading skills in order to understand and follow recipes;
- Basic math skills in order to measure ingredients and operate a cash register;
- Must have initiative, be dependable, and provide excellent customer service;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and solve practical problems independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Constant walking, squatting, bending over, reaching over-and-under, climbing, lifting (5 to 50 lbs.);
- Daily work with sharp items, ovens, and other hot surfaces;
- Must have a flexible schedule; evening, weekend and holiday work is required.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals and odors;
- Exposure to high and low temperatures, including refrigerated coolers and storage areas, and stoves and ovens;
- There may be abrupt changes in temperature while moving from one environment to another;
- Exposure to wet floors and noise.
This job description is intended to provide the general requirements of the work performed in this job position. This is not a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Rio Ranch Markets reserves the right to revise this job description, and to assign other duties as they are deemed necessary to warrant the operational needs of the company.
About the Organization Company Information
Rio Ranch Markets is one of Southern California's fastest growing Hispanic supermarket chains. With 7 stores currently operating, Rio Ranch Markets is preparing to expand operations throughout Southern California with the opening of five new stores in the next five years. Founded in 1983 by two entrepreneurial businessmen, Rio Ranch Markets places a strong emphasis on fresh foods including meat, produce, prepared foods, bakery and homemade tortillas.
The most important role of the Rio Ranch Market associate is to deliver the best customer experience. The Rio Associate creates an upbeat, warm and friendly shopping experience throughout the store. They share their product knowledge and enthusiasm with customers by answering questions, offering suggestions, and walking customers to products. The Rio Associate makes sure our customers know they are welcome and cared for.
Rio Ranch Market stands behind its mission of providing a fully stocked, clean, friendly, value and service oriented store that makes customers and employees happy and meets or exceeds sales and profit expectations. Our associates strive to accomplish this mission by never being satisfied, and striving daily to improve the store and their own performance. We develop and maintain excellence in our reputation, have a fanatical attention to detail and consistency, and through our hard work and efforts, we will walk with our heads up, proud to be part of the organization we have built.
This position is currently accepting applications.