Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Beyondsoft 5 reviews– Burlingame, CA
Beyondsoft - 30+ days ago
Beyondsoft is looking for a Senior Java Web Developer who will play a central role in the development of core tutoring platform and its supporting tools. We are looking for experienced Java Web Developers who are generalists and are exceptionally good at developing complex applications. The ideal candidate is someone who is expertise in database design, compiler development, user behavior representation and analysis, and deployment of a bandwidth intensive server-client application. There is work to be done at all stages of the software development process: design, specification, implementation, debugging, internal testing, and field trials.
• Review and comprehend technical requirements
• Contributing to project milestones by avoiding and solving complex technical problems through understanding the dependencies of a complex platform.
• Implement and integrate software features as per requirements
• Working in a product creation project and/or technology project with implementation or integration responsibilities
• Bringing productivity, quality and competitive advantage to SW development by solving complex problems in component/product level
• Participate in operator meetings and receive their product road maps
• Responsible using the correct development environment
• Communicate problems
• Understand best practices in each platform and ensure the application adheres to each platforms best practices
• Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
• Participate in software performance analysis and system tuning
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture and coding standards
• Implement new web applications for internal and external use
• Develop key modules such as computational algorithms.
Strong experience in Java, J2EE technologies.
Strong in software design, object-oriented programming, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
Experience with MVC frameworks (Struts/Spring MVC), JSP and Servlets.
Experience with XML, Schema, JAXB
Background using open source frameworks like Spring, Hibernate preferred.
Experience in complete software development life-cycle
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills.
8+ years of web software engineering experience.
BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields