Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
The Pantry, Inc. 31 reviews– Cary, NC
The Pantry, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
About The Company
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States and one of the largest independently operated convenience store chains in the country. As of August 6, 2012, the Company operated 1,589 stores in thirteen states under select banners, including Kangaroo Express®, its primary operating banner. The Pantry's stores offer a broad selection of merchandise, as well as fuel and other ancillary services designed to appeal to the convenience needs of its customers.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst works closely with the Manager of Business Systems Analyst/Quality Assurance, business end users, and members of the IT department to perform business and systems analysis for both projects and support issues, as well as, basic project management and user testing. This position will be involved in key systems improvements that are strategic in nature. These include but are not limited to: Merchandise Planning, HR/Financial projects, commodity purchasing and planning, etc.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities and requirements:
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Creates and develops business, functional and system requirements with business end users and internal programming staff, including scope definitions.
2. Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the organization and industry. Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry and current business practices.
3. Serves as a liaison between the business end users/owners, systems development staff, and software vendors; acts as an internal quality consultant to advise and influence business and technical partners.
4. Develops relationships with business personnel that fosters business ties and continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen business client relationships.
5. Collaborates with developers and other technical specialists to create effective team interaction to write application specifications, test plans, and user documentation (to include requirements, risk assessment, estimating, test approach, walk through, overall organization and coordination of testing activities, implementation handoff, post implementation support, analyst support, usability, etc.).
6. Conduct sessions with Subject Matter Experts to identify all system requirements for Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse and other Applications.
7. Ensures that all applications adhere to high quality standards by working with the QA team, participating in requirements reviews, design reviews, systems analysis and testing reviews.
8. Tracks and manages testing efforts (QA, UAT, and others) of support issues and projects; evaluates risks associated with testing approaches and recommends alternative testing strategies when necessary.
9. Ensures that all issues and questions are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
10. Responsible for quality control on applications that are developed in house by reviewing requirements, specifications, business processes, and provides recommendations related to proposed solutions.
11. Provides coaching and feedback to less experienced analysts and seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us. Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles and leads internal teams/tasks.
12. Performs basic project management of small to medium size projects and assists in enforcement of and tracks project deadlines and schedules.
13. Facilitates team, IT, and business meetings and communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully. Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
14. Contributes to the IT request approval and prioritization process.
15. Ensures all 404 compliance (SOX) documentation is completed timely.
? Bachelor s degree in a related area with 5+ years of experience in the field or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
? Thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle process, the Quality Assurance Life Cycle, and possess basic project management skills and understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
? Ability to develop and write requirement specifications, develop test plans, design manual or systemic test scripts for data and function requirements.
? Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse or Data Warehouse projects strongly preferred.
? Preferred Certification ( IIBA or CBAP )
? Considered a subject matter expert within the organization; needs to learn a good understanding of the C-Store business industry.
? Ability to process information including gathering, interpreting, assessing, organizing, and verifying data and material problems with computer hardware and software.
? Possess understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
? Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
? Strong organizational skills; aability to effectively coordinate and manage cross-functional and technical activities and manage multiple projects and assignments.
? Strong and effective leadership skills and proven ability to work under pressure.
? Must possess a positive and supportive attitude and the ability to manage and lead change in an organization.
? A self-starter who is able to function without close supervision of day-to-day activities.
? Effective communication skills, oral and written, including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
? Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to significant telephone contact with employees and can be stressful.
? Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include travel, long hours, week-ends and holidays.
Bachelor of Science
? Preferred Certification ( IIBA or CBAP )
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.