Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 249,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Soft Source, Inc. 0 reviews– Frederick, MD
Soft Source, Inc. - 30+ days ago
This position requires a wide-reaching understanding of civil and marine engineering aspects related to high-voltage electric power transmission underground and submarine cable application, installation, and performance. The position is part of a development team that will provide assistance to the Owner/Developer and Owner's Engineer(s) relating to the scoping, interconnection, installation, performance, feasibility, constructability, quantification, and design basis for an offshore extra-high voltage HVDC power collection network associated with offshore wind farms, including offshore platforms for HVDC facilities. This offshore network will also be an essential compliment to the existing onshore utility power grid.
Candidates must have capabilities in the following areas:
Experience with a wide range of civil and geotechnical aspects including landside, tidal estuary, and marine environments.
Ability to interface with marine engineers for development, specification, and application of offshore platforms for HVDC equipment installation.
Experience with overhead and underground HV/EHV transmission lines.
Experience with HV/EHV submarine cables is considered a plus.
Experience with permitting, design and construction of major projects in shorefront, offshore, or similiar marine settings.
Ability to assist in the coordination and physical integration of offshore platforms with vendor-designed topside HVDC equipment and submarine cable interfaces.
Appreciation of the permitting aspects and complexity of onshore, offshore, tidal estuary and oceanfront underground/submarine cable installation, construction, and remediation.
Ability to communicate and coordinate with federal, state, and regional permitting and local agencies to facilitate permits development and community outreach.
Professional and confident demeanor and comfortable working closely with Owner and Owner's highly-placed representatives in a teaming environment.
Willingness to travel for meetings, site visits, factory visits, etc. as necessary to support the project development.
· BSCE with minimum 12 years experience sufficient to perform duties listed above.
· Experience with permitting, design, and construction of major projects in shorefront, offshore, or similar marine settings.
· Proficient with overhead and underground HV/EHV transmission lines
· Ability to work independently and interface with client and contractor organizations.
· Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills.
· Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Professional registered engineer in the U.S.
· Experience with HV/EHV submarine cables is considered a plus.