Deloitte, Assistant Manager/Manager, Compliance, Birmingham
The role is as part of the Conduct Risk team within the Midlands Financial Services practice, based in the Birmingham office.
Conduct Risk, is the risk of customers suffering poor outcomes as a result of firms actions. Key Conduct Risk areas of focus at present include, the way financial products are designed and approved, the way products are sold to customers, complaint handling and the treatment of customers in financial difficulty.
Our Financial Services Advisory Group specialises in assisting firms in the development of their governance, risk and compliance arrangements. The Midlands Financial Services Practice focuses on Internal and External Audit, Prudential and Financial Risk and Conduct Risk.
Our Conduct Risk team works with a broad range of clients across all financial services sectors providing a range of advisory products and services.
Our work includes the design of Conduct Risk and compliance operating models and frameworks, processes and policy improvements, assistance with the assessment and implementation of regulatory change, responding to the compliance risks of internal change initiatives, together with the assessment and remediation of compliance related issues.
With the increased regulatory focus on Conduct Risk and increasingly intrusive supervision regime, demands for our services in this area have increased.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager into our Conduct Risk team in the Midlands. The focus of the role will be to support client projects, develop our service offering and to build upon existing client relationships.
Based in Birmingham, the successful candidates will be expected to support the delivery of projects and develop our practice capabilities on a local and national basis.
A requirement of the role is a willingness to travel up to 5 days per week to deliver client assignments when required.
You will have responsibility for:
- Actively work with new and existing clients to deliver high-quality output, advice and assurance across specific subject matter including (but not limited to) regulatory framework design, regulatory change and remediation activity.
- To act as a subject matter expert (SME) advising and supporting our clients in Conduct Risk matters, and other matters as required.
- To develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders
- To identify opportunities across existing and new clients and manage these accordingly
- To support local and national projects and initiatives
- A manager will have have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firms commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of Financial Services Conduct Risk management and regulation developed through roles preformed
- Experience of working within UK Financial services, in either industry, regulatory (for the FSA or other e.g. FOS) or professional services roles
- Operational experience within a Financial Services environment
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, related risk management regulation and practices
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Relevant professional qualification (International Compliance Association Diploma, etc.)
- Responsible Lending - including MMR and MCOB requirements
- Customer remediation projects and General insurance regulation
- The Banking Conduct regime and Product governance
About the Audit Service Line
Within the Deloitte audit practice, we provide our clients with professional advice and assurance on their controls and accounting systems all year round. At Deloitte we understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. Together with our team you will build on our winning combination of specialist skills, industry expertise and ongoing investment. Our computerised audit approach and investment in technology enables us to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services.
The Deloitte audit practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas including business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector Audit and also Financial Services Audit. The Practice also encapsulates an advisory element, which sets it apart from any of its competitors so outstanding and career defining opportunities within the Advisory Development Group, Risk and Regulation, Governance and Compliance as well as Risk Consulting. As one of the worlds' largest audit practices, joining us will allow you to play an integral role working for some of the leading names in the industry from owner managed businesses to large multinationals.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.