More information about this job:
Baker Tilly Virchow Krauses values of integrity, passion and stewardship define us as an organization and an employer. We recognize that our approach, strategy and culture are driven by our people. Their focus and commitment has resulted in Baker Tilly Virchow Krause being ranked as one of the top 20 largest public accounting and advisory firms in the United States and our offices consistently earning best place to work honors. Our people have been fundamental in getting us to where we are today and where we will go in the future.
We are seeking a Tax Senior Accountant to join our Madison office.
Its an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
With a staff of more than 1400, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance and consulting services to premier companies and leading institutions in industries that drive our economy. As an independent member of Baker Tilly International, the worlds 8th largest network of accounting firms (with combined worldwide revenues of $3 billion) we bring our clients and our people access to market-specific knowledge in more than 125 countries.
- Provide tax compliance and consulting services to partnerships, corporations, s-corporations, and individuals for a variety of middle market clients and emerging businesses.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for federal and individual clients, participate in complex tax research projects for clients, and research a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries when requested, make recommendations to the client for consideration.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively with the client to provide superior client service.
- Supervise and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance on client engagements.
- Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally.
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent, 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam required. Masters Degree, Juris Doctor or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- CPA and/or JD preferred
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in a professional services firm providing tax compliance services
- Experience preparing and reviewing corporate returns, flow through entities, and individual returns
- Demonstrated analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Refer a friend to this job
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer