We are seeking a hardworking & passionate senior malware researcher to work on complex malware, botnets & new research projects on a daily basis.
· Develop Gateway Antivirus signatures based on threat analysis using proprietary signature description language.
· Troubleshoot and test (including automation) IPS and Gateway AV engines on firmware.
· Research new ways to improve Deep Packet Inspection engine.
· Setup malware analysis environment for specific threats affecting Windows, Mac OSX, Mobile OS platforms in a lab environment.
· Reverse engineer and analyze new malware threats.
· Publish analysis blogs on Dell SonicWALLs security center.
· Develop tools to automate malware analysis tasks, simulation software and administer lab environment to replicate attacks.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skills & Experience:
· Expert knowledge of Internet security issues, including malware, exploits and shell code.
· Expert understanding of Windows file structure and packer formats.
· Expertise in virtualization concepts and platforms (VirtualBox, VMWare)
· Experience working with an IDS/IPS, Gateway AV a plus.
· Reverse engineering tools (Ollydbg, IDA Pro, SoftIce, or equivalents)
· Programming experience in Perl, C, C , PHP.
· Proficiency with relational database and SQL programming like PostgreSQL.
· Experience with Botnet C&C protocols, Behavioral and Static Analysis of Malware.
· B.S. or M.S. (preferred) Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5-7years of experience in the field of malware analysis and/or vulnerability research
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven environment
· Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
Dell® SonicWALL® provides intelligent network security and data protection solutions that enable customers and partners to dynamically secure, control, and scale their global networks. Using input from millions of shared touch points in the SonicWALL Global Response Intelligent Defense (GRID) Network, the SonicWALL Threat Center provides continuous communication, feedback, and analysis on the nature and changing behavior of threats. SonicWALL Research Labs continuously processes this information, proactively delivering countermeasures and dynamic updates that defeat the latest threats. Patented1 Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection® technology, combined with multi-core parallel architecture, enables simultaneous multi-threat scanning and analysis at wire speed and provides the technical framework that allows the entire solution to scale for deployment in high bandwidth networks. Dell SonicWALL network security and data protection solutions, available for the SMB through the Enterprise, are deployed in large campus environments, distributed enterprise settings, government, retail point-of-sale and healthcare segments, as well as through service providers.
· Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
· Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline -typically obtained through formal study.
· General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
· Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
· Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed
· Basic knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable.
· Able to code/debug simple programs using either written or verbal design specifications.
· Experience with multiple programming languages, databases, operating systems, tools and hardware platforms. Able to achieve mastery of new tools, languages and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience.
· Familiarity with several Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance methodologies. Able to define and document how a specific Software Lifecycle and Quality Assurance method will be used for specific projects.
· Able to participate and add value in all phases of software development: feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test and delivery.
· Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
· 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Why work for Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
What we look for:
Integrity and Trust Team members who do the right thing and have courage to speak up
Intellectual Capacity openness to learning, understanding and solving problems
Drive For Results Team members with a can do spirit
Adaptable Team members who respond and adjust
-Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
-Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
-Exciting internal career opportunities
-Competitive compensation including bonu