Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
NJVC, LLC 15 reviews– Washington, DC
NJVC, LLC - 30+ days ago
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC® specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in business-critical environments. We offer a wide breadth of IT solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to flexible managed services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. Our global workforce includes dedicated and talented employees, with 94 percent holding security clearances, located at more than 160 customer sites. We partner with our customers to support their missions.
The Cyber Security Engineer Specialist plans, coordinates, and implements security measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure of information. Documents and keeps current all information security rules and policies. Advises and consults on all CIO project-related information security issues, control gates, and the security review processes in place. Evaluates emerging and available technologies to enable customer systems and users to securely share information with customers. Performs penetration testing and evaluation of network/server configurations to identify potential vulnerabilities. Performs risk analysis of tested and evaluated networks and systems. Integrates security processes and architectures to address CIO, customer, and community information security issues and concerns.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
· Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
· Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
· Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
· Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
· Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
· Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
· Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
· Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
· Develop and document integrated security architecture to enable or enhance the CIO and user platforms.
· Model competing architectures and prototype discrete information security technologies to insure that applications programs are constructed with the highest security possibly in accordance with standards.
· Perform risk analysis of competing models.
· Prepare information security policy recommendations for presentation to the customer security boards.
· Evaluate emerging requirements and technologies to assist CIO in identifying a long-term investment strategy.
· Provide engineering support to CIO projects to include the evaluation of proposed analytic tools.
· Identify viable architectures and designs.
· Analyze and define security requirements for security issues.
· Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions to security requirements.
· Gather and organize technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the security arena.
· Perform risk analyses, which also include risk assessment.
· Produce and execute IT service continuity plan including technical service recovery plans.
· Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
· Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside Sellers
Bachelors Degree and 8-10 years of relevant work experience required.
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
NJVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)