Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 249,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
LCG Systems 7 reviews– Rockville, MD
LCG Systems - 30+ days ago
Are you a talented IT professional looking to be part of a top notch team?
At LCG we offer a culture of opportunity, recognition, and collaboration�all the components that make a great place to work. We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective solutions and outstanding client services; a testament to the talented and dedicated people we hire.
From our in-house training program options to our versatile 401K plan, LCG offers a robust benefits package that both accommodates our employees needs for stability and security, and the flexibility to challenge themselves and focus on advancing their professional development.
Large company benefits. Small company feel.
Take the next step and submit your application for review�We look forward to helping you and our clients to achieve goals!
The system administrator will provide day to day support of SharePoint 2010 farms (soon to be SharePoint 2013) and Microsoft Project Server environments at customer site. This position requires the ability to effectively design, plan, implement, and maintain complex SharePoint and Windows server and virtual environments including implementation and support of web front end servers, database servers, and application and search servers. The Systems Administrator will play an active role in the support of the all components of the SharePoint environment including typical system administrative activities such as site creation, user training, backup, restore, performance analysis, and issue resolution. The administrator will also assist in the design, architecture, availability, reliability, and security of future SharePoint environments and work with customers to document administrative tasks and verify SLA requirements are being met. The Systems Administrator will work closely with development staff to provide advice and support to properly implement development efforts as well as Intranet and Internet-facing public web sites. The System Administrator will also work with other technical staff to train them on proper SharePoint Administration and troubleshooting techniques as well as outline standard processes and procedures for administration and development. The administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision in a highly charged and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands on administration and support of SharePoint 2010
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on Windows Server experience, preferably in a larger network supporting more than 50 users.
- Administration and/or development experience with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server or Microsoft Content Management Server for web site content management a plus.
- Must be experienced in designing, implementing, and maintaining current Windows Server Products including, SQL, IIS, .Net Environments, and File and Print servers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with customer services, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills. Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, DNS, SSL, Active Directory, Kerberos, and certificates.
- Ability to train a small group of technical staff a plus.
- VMWare ESX experience a major plus.
- Administration experience with SharePoint 2013 a major plus.
- Administration experience with Microsoft Project server 2007/2010 a plus.
- Support with AvePoint DocAve suite of SharePoint tools a plus.
- SQL 2005/2008 DBA experience a plus.
- Experience with Storage Area Networks a plus.
- Experience with HP hardware and technologies a plus.
- Experience with Backup Exec a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent experience and at least one technical certification using current technology (i.e. MCP, MCSE, MCDBA) a plus.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification (MCTS), Microsoft Certified Master for SharePoint server (MCM), or Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) a major plus.