Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 250,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
LCG Systems 7 reviews– Rockville, MD
LCG Systems - 30+ days ago
"Business/Quality Assurance Analyst
Are you a talented IT professional looking to be part of a top notch team?
At LCG we offer a culture of opportunity, recognition, and collaboration�all the components that make a great place to work. We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective solutions and outstanding client services; a testament to the talented and dedicated people we hire.
From our in-house training program options to our versatile 401K plan, LCG offers a robust benefits package that both accommodates our employees needs for stability and security, and the flexibility to challenge themselves and focus on advancing their professional development.
Large company benefits. Small company feel.
Take the next step and submit your application for review�We look forward to helping you and our clients to achieve goals!
This position performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation and implementation of very complex applications that require a thorough knowledge of requirements gathering and application testing. The BA/QA Analyst directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases. The position requires working directly with business stakeholder to define requirements, work with developers to prioritize and translate requirements into application functionality, test applications for thoroughness and accuracy, and assist with application delivery to user community. In addition to being an integral contributor to all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), the BA/QA Analyst designs and prepares technical reports, test cases, user guides, as well as prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required.
Responsibilities and Minimum Qualifications:
Duties include working with stakeholders and management to define requirements, document test plans, thoroughly testing applications, identify bugs, make suggestions for better usability, document and test results. This position will work directly with application users, stakeholders, application developers, security engineers, and project managers to ensure applications work as expected and align with the business process requirements. Position will help define and setup the automation testing processes, methodologies, and strategies to be used across all application development efforts as well as direct the design and development of the automation scripts, ensuring they are developed consistently within the prescribed guidelines.
The minimum qualifications are a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS/IT or equivalent or at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Relevant experience includes professional experience on an IT team(s) where custom applications or systems are built to meet business community needs.
Knowledge Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- 2+ years - experience with .Net and/or MS SharePoint applications required (or similar technologies)
- 1+ years - experience with a combination of Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT), and/or Regression testing of custom applications
- 1+ years � documenting user requirements and writing business cases, user guides, and/or test cases
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or other automated testing tools a plus
- CBAP certified a plus
- 508 compliance testing experience a plus
- Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) experience a plus
- HHS agency or other gov�t support experience a plus