Insurity 10 reviews– Hartford, CT
Insurity - 11 days ago
Sr. Software Engineer-.Net/Sharepoint
Work Location: Hartford, CT
Candidates must be willing to work on site or relocate for the opportunity. This is a full time employment opportunity.
Basic Job Function This position exists to perform research, design and software development assignments within a software functional area. Acts as a knowledge resource to entry level and mid-level staff and provides technical leadership to small to mid-size development teams. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products.
- Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
- Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
- Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
- Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
- Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance and technical abilities.
- Mentors and coaches team members. - Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
- Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
- Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
- Leads a mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
- Ability to lead small to mid-size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time.
- Must be self directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
- Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
- Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
- Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
- Highly proficient knowledge and understanding of Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems.
- Knowledge of modern programming design patterns/principles and distributed application development.
- Ability to work interchangeably and independently on cross-platform technologies including (but not limited to) Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (2.0 Framework and above), ASP.NET, VB6/COM Interop, XML, SQL Server, XSLT, and Web Services. Knowledge of MVC and .NET 3.5/4.0 is a plus.
Prior experience developing Property & Casualty applications
Strong SQL Server Development skills.