Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
The Pantry, Inc. 31 reviews– Cary, NC
The Pantry, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Site Planner - Cary, NC
About The Company
Headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, The Pantry, Inc. is the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States and one of the largest independently operated convenience store chains in the country. As of August 6, 2012, the Company operated 1,589 stores in thirteen states under select banners, including Kangaroo Express®, its primary operating banner. The Pantry's stores offer a broad selection of merchandise, as well as fuel and other ancillary services designed to appeal to the convenience needs of its customers.
This position provides site design and aids in site/civil entitlement approvals for new stores and rebuilds. The Site Planner acts as a liaison with outside developers to communicate our corporate design requirements and standards. Also directs outside civil engineering firms on Company developed new stores and rebuilds; designs internal floor plans and directs outside architects and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) firms on selected projects.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities and requirements:
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives project information from Supervisor; designs site plan layout in AutoCAD for new stores, rebuilds, and petroleum remodels; coordinates all development due diligence reports and entitlement process.
2. Prepares and updates Site Design standards booklet and civil plan review checklist; reviews civil construction plans for proper and cost effective design; provides cost analysis and recommendations to supervisor.
3. Acts as a liaison between Company and outside developers for new store projects to communicate corporate design standards.
4. Designs floor plans and coordinates outside architects and associated engineering firms on selected remodels, new stores and rebuilds; includes interior and exterior design.
5. Coordinates signage requirements and approvals on assigned projects with Imaging Department.
6. Confers with supervisory personnel, contractors, and designers to discuss and resolve matters related to the sites.
7. Orders site surveys from outside surveyors; requests and evaluates gas canopy and petroleum plan quotations from outside vendors on assigned projects.
8. Works with internal Real Estate Department on DOT right of way condemnation cases; provides direction on fuel truck and customer traffic flows.
9. Coordinates design and permitting with outside engineers on septic and drain field replacements and utility connection projects.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned.
? Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting from accredited Community College or Technical School plus at least 4+ years prior experience with AutoCAD, site planning, retail development, or retail space planning preferred.
? Must be knowledgable of current state and federal ADA regulations & guidelines.
? Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Office applications.
? Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
? Ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals.
? Ability to process information including gathering, assessing, coding, organizing, auditing and verifying data.
? Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer, as well as travel to job sites. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions can be stressful.
? Working Conditions: Includes hazards associated with necessary travel to stores. Work may occasionally include long hours, week-ends and holidays.
? Certifications: AutoCAD.
Associate of Arts
The Pantry, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. It is the policy and practice of The Pantry, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other criteria deemed unlawful under any applicable laws and to provide reasonable accommodations as required by law.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, send a resume to Matt Presser at email@example.com. All emails are answered during normal business hours.