Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 249,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Seasonal 1 reviews– Las Vegas, NV
Seasonal - 30+ days ago
Assist managing kitchen operations in an efficient and professional manner to ensure a quality food product is being maintained and served. Ensure that all food items have been prepared according to recipes and specifications. Oversee breaks, production, cleanliness and workloads. Help monitor operation expenses while ensuring all employees maintain quality standards. In the absence of the Chef prepare all requisitions, time sheets, break sheets and supervise the overall operation.
Minimum three years experience in a high volume Banquet kitchen operation, preferably in a Hotel/Casino environment. One-year inventory and cost management experience. Working knowledge of the Culinary and Bartender Union Contracts. Must have a well-rounded food background with knowledge of kitchen equipment and knife skills. Computer skills helpful. Good people skills and a well-groomed appearance. Must speak, read, write and understand English. Must be able to perform basic math. Minimum age requirement is 21.
· Act as the Room Chef in the absence of the designated Room Chef.
· Assist with monitoring all daily sales, ordering, par levels and costs for the outlet.
· Assist with implementing and monitor action plans to minimize expenses.
· After sign in, review log books and e-mails and communicate with Chef on important issues.
· Review logbook to verify sick calls or other unforeseen problems. Review past entries from days off to determine if you need to catch up on activities or procedures that may have changed.
· Log all sick calls, to include name, date, time and reason for call.
· Monitor and maintain employee files in the absence of the Room Chef.
· Control labor expenses based on business levels.
· Maintain accurate paperwork for inventory levels scheduling, payroll and employee records.
· Monitor daily production. Ensure food items are prepared and distributed in a timely manner. Assist in food preparation as needed.
· Ensure product consistency.
· Monitor waste and over production, utlize leftovers, ensure proper rotation of food items and quality control.
· Ensure employees adhere to established policies, procedures and Health regulations.
· Responsible for disciplining and counseling employees in the absence of the Chef.
· Ensure adherence to the Union Contract.
· Monitor and follow-up on employee training.
· Have working knowledge of ordering system.
· Assist with creating, improving and implementing new recipes and food presentations.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Assist with menu planning.
· Maintain the overall cleanliness of the kitchen.
· Ensure employees have valid Health cards.
· Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current.
· Encourage and motivate employees.
· Be accessible and available to employees.
· Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with guests and employees.
· Communicate with the Chef regarding any problems relating to the food or the kitchen.
· Communicate with Engineering to ensure a quality physical appearance of the kitchen.
· Ensure a neat, clean and safe working environment.
· Present needs of the outlet to the Chef.
· Complete special projects as requested by F&B management.