Position is limited to those who are completing their 4th year externship before licensure in audiology. Their practicum is to be under the direct supervision of a licensed audiologist, either a Senior Audiologist or a Director of Audiology.
• Under the direct supervision of a licensed audiologist, provides diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, habilitation and rehabilitation services for auditory and balance problems.
• Conducts research related to hearing and attendant and balance disorders.
• Routinely physically and otoscopically examines the outer structures of the ear.
• Fits, programs, and dispenses hearing aids.
• Participates in cochlear implant assessments.
• Conducts electrophysiologic evaluations of the vestibular and auditory mechanisms.
• Performs electroacoustic measures of the peripheral and central auditory systems.
• Counsels individuals with auditory disorders, their families and other service providers regarding the etiology of the disorder and its management.
• Provides reports and coordinates audiological results with other diagnostic data such as educational, medical, social, and behavioral information.
• Four (4) year bachelor's degree required.
• Completion of three (3) years in a doctoral level audiology program required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Previous post-licensure experience in the field of audiology preferred.
• Proficient in diagnostic evaluation of hearing, prevention, and rehabilitation services for auditory problems.
• BLS - ProviderCurrent BLS for the Healthcare Provider (level C).
Note: Position will work throughout the service unit, to rotate between HNS & MFS.