Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Safeway 552 reviews– Pleasanton, CA
Safeway - 30+ days ago
Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer, Application Operations
Company: Blackhawk Network, Inc
Position Category: Information Technology
Requisition Number: ITEC108486
Job Description: About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network is a leading provider of prepaid and financial payments products for consumers and businesses. The companys Gift Card Mall offers the industrys most popular prepaid gift card and telecom products. Gift Card Mall reaches more than 165 million people each week through an exclusive network of leading grocery, big box, convenience, drug, and specialty stores and is available through Internet retailers including GiftCardMall.com. Blackhawk Networks business solutions include reward and incentive programs that offer choice and flexibility through a wide array of card brands and custom designed Visa and MasterCard fulfillment options.
Headquartered in Pleasanton, California, Blackhawk Network, Inc. has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Japan, Mexico and the United Kingdom. For more information about Blackhawk Network visitwww.blackhawknetwork.comandwww.gifcardmall.com.
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/GCMall and on Facebook: http://bit.ly/GCMall
Description: The Sr. Systems Engineer, Application Operations will provide day-to-day operations for the Blackhawk Network applications.
The Sr. Systems Engineer, Application Operations will be a key member of the Blackhawk Technology Operations team who will be responsible to provide day-to-day operational tasks on various technology platforms within the company. The person will also be responsible for any on-boarding tasks on different platform(s), which includes technical support to the partner, unit-testing, troubleshooting, analyzing the results, deployment to production and production validation testing.
Candidate must possess excellent technical skills to be a point of escalation. The individual should be empowered to make technical decisions based on organization level operations standards and guidelines, act as Level 4 support for non-code related production escalations (24x7 escalation support). Responsibilities includes identify, document, maintain operational tasks and improved troubleshooting and resolution steps for various applications.
Candidate must have mature communication and organization skills. Candidate will need to have proven experience with unit-testing and quality assurance practices.
* Candidate should be able to effectively learn and adopt new software technologies, platforms, tools, and techniques.
* Mature skills in business/requirements analysis and relational database knowledge.
* Excellent organizational, leadership and communicational skills
* Self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
* Strong in XML and UNIX/LINUX command sets.
* Experience in any programming language(s) is a big plus.
* Familiarity with different Application Servers (preferably IIS, JBOSS and Tomcat).
* Knowledge and experience in IBM-DB2 and MS SQL Server preferred.
* Understanding of different protocols and how they work - TCP/IP, HTTP(S), XML over HTTP(S).
* Thorough understanding of XML related technologies and implementation tools.
* Knowledge of wide variety of open source tools and libraries.
* Familiarity with Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
* A minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in the above technologies.
* Domain experience in Payment Processing industry highly desirable.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.