Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 250,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
AGCOCorp – Beijing
AGCOCorp - 30+ days ago
The purpose of this position is to perform all Marketing activities for the product of responsibility in China. The responsibility of this position is to manage the products assigned by the Manger, Marketing, China in order to achieve volume, profitability and asset utilization objectives. The incumbent will initiate, develop and coordinate:
This position will interface on a regular basis with other disciplines within the company, including Sales, Engineering, AGCO Finance, Manufacturing, Product Reliability, and Parts. In addition, the position will need to liaise with the Marketing representatives of all AGCO brands within China.
• Develop, implement and sustain an up-to-date Marketing Plan with the necessary databases for products and services marketed for the product of responsibility.
• Establish Price Lists and relevant Sales Programs for each market of responsibility, and ensure they are effectively communicated to the Sales teams.
• Monitor market performance to budget and develop, prioritize and recommend promotion programs based on the competitive conditions to achieve planning objectives. This includes clear, concise and timely communications of such programs to internal and external functions.
• Analyze market potentials and competitive market positions and initiate recommendations for the composition of the brands product mix and model specifications to help direct product development priorities and product sourcing.
• In coordination with the Distribution, Sales and Parts organization, analyze overall market trends and local market potentials to define the target markets and distribution network necessary to achieve short and long-term corporate goals.
In conjunction with the relevant Product Support Managers from all brands:
• Provide sales support on related sales queries on products of responsibility.
• Ensure timely response to critical requests wherever possible.
• Ensure support and training are provided to the Sales team and Product Support Managers.
• Ensure that product knowledge is current on all products of responsibility.
• Ensure Product Bulletins for specific product lines are produced and provided, where appropriate.
• Identify product and sales training requirements for sales staff and for Product Support Managers.
• Co-ordinate planning and organization of product and sales training courses.
• Ensure that all the benefits of the machine versus competitive machines are communicated to the audience.
Advertising & Promotion Activities
• With the assistance of the respective Communication Managers, develop and initiate strategies and programs for the promotion of the brands products to dealers and customers.
• Plan new product launch activities.
• Participate in major farm shows.
• Actively ensure the promotion of the brand and the products of responsibility, following established Corporate Brand Standards.
• Maintain accurate forecasts necessary to develop manufacturing/supplier schedules to achieve sales and asset management targets.
• Manage Company inventory to levels agreed upon with Senior management during the forecasting cycle.
Financial Management Activities
• Manage Operating expense and development budgets within corporate directives to achieve the Budget results.
• Manage over-all discount level as established in the budget.
• Manage pricing and marketing programs to effectively contribute to profitable growth of the product, whist achieving budget target for sales volumes, net sales and gross margins.
Product Development Activities
• Determine, adapt the sales specifications of machines, and identify future product requirements, by discussions with Sales teams and Product Management Manager.
• Maintain AMDIS data base on a regular basis as per schedule established by AMDIS manager.
• Follow regular procedure for AMPIP (AGCO Major Product Introduction Procedure)