Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Safeway Companies 549 reviews– Pleasanton, CA
HealtheCareers - 30+ days ago
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Corporate Pharmacy Department has an opening for a Specialty Care Technician. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Specialty Care Technicians coordinate the care for patients that are starting and maintaining therapy on Specialty Pharmaceutical (SP) products. Agents perform benefits investigations with third party payers and coordinate authorization for payment with the prescribing physician. Agents direct the purchasing and filling of SP products with Safeway pharmacies and coordinate the administration of the product, connecting the patient and the pharmacy staff.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Benefits investigation - determining coverage, facilitating prior authorization and communicating coverage to the patient.
* Care Coordination - facilitating the buy, bill and administration of SP products in SWY pharmacies and SWY mail order.
* Therapy Support (Specialty)- Tracking patients on SP products conducting refill reminders, therapy questionnaires and coordinating just in time ordering and pick-up in SWY pharmacies and SWY mail order.
* Therapy Support (Pharmacy Care) - Contacting patients and organizations to assure patients are completely protected with up-to-date immunization and marketing immunization services to organizations.
* Central Processing - Documentation and billing of Medication Therapy Management services conducted in the pharmacies.
* Travel Health - coordinating care for patients traveling oversees contracted with Safeway to provide their immunizations before departure.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred, but will consider enthusiastic, customer service focused non technicians.
* 2 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a Safeway Company Pharmacy.
* Experience in acquiring prior authorization from third party payers.
* Problem solving abilities and attention to details.
* Administration skills, such as planning and organizing, resource management and the ability to set priorities and coordinate work activities.
* Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing a service environment. This involves the ability to identify requirements of internal and external customers, focus on achieving optimal results, and develop solutions that positively affect customer satisfaction.
* Good computer skills including Microsoft Office, PDX.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER