Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Nestle USA 184 reviews– Kent, WA
Nestle USA - 30+ days ago
The Warehouse Level is an entry level position for the Nestlé DSD. This position is designed to maximize the loading process by ensuring accurate orders, meeting set target rates per hour, and ensuring product integrity and quality standards are met throughout the loading process.
• Perform all required procedures and documentation in a safe and efficient manner to maintain the highest quality finished product for our customers
• Ability to learn inventory and tracking systems
• Mechanical ability and understanding is required to grasp general warehouse equipment (loaders, etc).
• Maintain performance expectations with respect to key performance metrics and identify opportunities to improve x-dock operations
• Accurately and efficiently load finished product onto internal customer trucks
• Communicate to operations and sales to maintain product flow and prevent distribution disruptions
• Maintain housekeeping and safety compliance, inspection ready at all times
• Report all safety concerns immediately to leadership
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/ productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition
• Team Work: Work in a group; oriented towards the good of the whole.
• Manage job professional and with a high level of organization.
• Ability to influence others
• Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Ability to work a rotating shift schedule with weekends, holidays and overtime Safe driving record.
The Nestlé DSD Company operates all Direct Store Delivery (DSD) for Nestlé USA. The division serves Nestlé's frozen products, including the field DSD sales organization, supply chain planning and execution, and centers of excellence like Go-To-Market, Human Resources, and Finance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Basic math and computer skills
• Successful completion of post offer background check and drug screen
• Valid drivers license (if required for specific hiring location)
• Successful completion of post offer motor vehicle report for moving violations (if required for specific hiring location)
• Ability to work early morning/late night hours
• Willing to work over 40 hours when required
• Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
• Ability to work safely
• Read, write and speak English
• Forklift certified
• Jack pallet certified
• Warehouse experience preferred; freezer/refrigerated environment a plus
• Push/pull: Frequently using both hands and arms while moving product via manual pallets jacks/carts exerting a force between 15-50 pounds.
• Standing/Walking frequently; while performing some duties in warehouse; walking, up to 4 hours per shift on concrete surface.
• Bending/Twisting: Occasionally bending at waist 30-45 degrees while shrink wrapping or loading/unloading pallets on off truck.
• Hands/Arms: Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while loading/unloading product using cart or hand truck. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping product, carts and pallet jacks.
• Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while picking orders, boxes of supplies at floor level, shrink wrapping and while performing clean up tasks.
• Lifting/carrying: Occasionally lift/carry 10-40 pounds of product to reposition on cart or pallet.
• Head/Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while moving product onto trailers and in the warehouse.
• Balance: Wet & icy conditions in warehouse and in the trailers.
• Extreme cold -20 to -40 degree in warehouse and trailer
• Being around powered industrial vehicles at the warehouse.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Nestlé Direct Store Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.