Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews, and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Expedia 521 reviews– London, England
Expedia - 30+ days ago
Statistical Analyst – Data Modelling
Job ID #: 22723
Company: Expedia Europe
Location: UK - London
Functional Area: Business Analytics
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Relocation Provided: To be determined
Expedia is looking for a Statistical Analyst who possess the right balance of technical and analytical/communication skills, have proven experience of working on all parts of data mining to providing actionable analysis, as well as having strong written reporting skills. The job requires a well-rounded individual who has experience of working with stakeholders on understanding the business and providing analysis to drive actions. It necessary to have the ability of picking up skills quickly if you have previously worked in a Statistics/Analytics role this would improve your chances of being successful.
* Identifying areas where Business Intelligence will be able to benefit the brand and deliver improvements
* Interacting with business stakeholders on a number of different levels - experience of CRM
* Using a reporting and analytics tools to design solutions and put them into practice
* Generate high quality SQL code that delivers accurate data sets for modeling and that is reusable, flexible, and extensible
* Perform unit testing and model validation of statistical routines
* Document the technical details of own work to improve collaboration with other team members
* Operations research or research methodology
* Experience in several of the following areas: predictive modeling (including ARIMA and regression techniques) and neural nets
* Learning models, including classification of skewed data, and linear and non-linear optimization
The following skills/attributes are necessary;
* BSc, MSc or PhD in a numerical discipline (Maths, Computer Sciences, Economics, statistics, applied mathematics, quantitative methods)
* Client facing skills - this is a business role and so experience of customer interactions is integral
* Excellent analytical written commentary providing insights
* Functional proficiency in SQL
* Knowledge ofSPSS/R/SQL/SAS/BusinessObjects,/Cognos,/Microstrategy/OBIEE/Tableau
* Exceptional analytical skills - likely to have been honed through relevant work experience in an analytical role
* Proven Experience of implementing/running Analytics and Data Mining projects.
* Designing and implementing Analytics solutions
* Exceptional problem solving skills
* Customer focus - an ability to identify opportunities for business optimization through customer insights and the aptitude to turn these into viable products
* Interest, and ideally experience in contact center analytics
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia portfolio serves both leisure and business travellers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.