"Business Data Analyst
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and monetization platform whose unique Mobile Value Exchange model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual rewards or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than one billion mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual rewards they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy�s turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 20,000 applications. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors, including J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Santa Barbara, London, Paris, Dusseldorf, Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished Business Data Analyst to provide analytic leadership and support to our Finance team. The position reports to the VP of Analytics and will be a key contributor to the Business Intelligence team with significant exposure to senior management. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following as additional roles and/or focus will be needed as the company and department continues to grow and evolve:
- Gather and justify evolving data and reporting requirements
- Work with data engineers to ensure capture of all necessary data elements
- Work closely with VP of Finance to understand Finance team�s information needs and ensure the solutions developed and delivered are an excellent fit to their evolving needs
- Support Finance team with various ongoing and ad hoc KPI analysis
- Establish reporting template for Execs and Board of Directors
- Create performance dashboards for internal audiences
- Advise on continuous process improvement
- Proactively analyze network data in search of business insight
- Execute in a fast-paced, team environment
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of analytical work experience in high volume environments, preferably in social media, gaming and online advertising industries. Some consulting experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree. MBA or additional professional certification preferred
- Knowledge of financial accounting a plus
- Proficient with SQL and Excel
- Experience with MicroStrategy and Oracle a strong plus
- Highly detail oriented with effective problem solving skills and strong business acumen
- High capacity to deliver quality outputs in a fast paced and dynamic environment with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- A mature, self-motivated person with a positive, professional attitude
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
So...why would you want to work for Tapjoy?
The real question is...why wouldn't you?
- We are a small company doing very big things
- We value innate intelligence, the curiosity to learn more, and the ability to solve problems - and we provide a ton of autonomy in which to do this
- The mobile app space is a large opportunity and will continue to grow. We've done well so far and we clearly see where we need to go - and now we need your help to get there"